Synonym: interval, span, time. Similar words: interior, mysterious, riot, prior, curious, various, warrior, prior to. Meaning: ['pɪrɪəd /'pɪər-] n. 1. an amount of time 2. one of three periods of play in hockey games 3. a stage in the history of a culture having a definable place in space and time 4. the interval taken to complete one cycle of a regularly repeating phenomenon 5. the monthly discharge of blood from the uterus of nonpregnant women from puberty to menopause 6. a punctuation mark (.) placed at the end of a declarative sentence to indicate a full stop or after abbreviations 7. a unit of geological time during which a system of rocks formed 8. the end or completion of something.
Random good picture Not show
1. This offer is available for a limited period only.
2. The store will be closed for an indefinite period.
3. The 1990s were a period of rapid change/growth.
4. The offer is only available for a limited period.
5. I stayed there for a very short period.
6. Sales rose by 20% over the Christmas period.
7. The rainfall was measured over a three-month period.
7. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
8. Chaucer wrote in the late mediaeval period.
9. The power of the landowners waned during this period.
10. How long is the pay period?
11. The industry is in the period of recession.
12. The project has been postponed for an indefinite period.
13. The project will run for a six-month trial period.
14. The money has been invested for a fixed period.
15. Their popularity waned during that period.
16. When is the pay period over?
17. A lengthy period of training is required.
18. You can have it for a trial period .
19. The normal repayment period is five years.
20. This was the most difficult period of his life.
21. Sometimes, the everlasting hate have no unique period.
22. We've had a long period of low rainfall.
23. Britain was a Roman dependency for a long period.
24. The adolescent period is one's best time.
25. After a period of imprisonment she renounced terrorism.
26. The period can be divided into three distinct phases.
27. These courses cover a twelve-week period and are organised into three four-week modules.
28. The dormant period is another stage in the life cycle of the plant.
29. There was always a honeymoon period when Mum started a new job.
30. The Chinese political system has evolved over a long period of time.
More similar words: interior, mysterious, riot, prior, curious, various, warrior, prior to, priority, scenario, centurion, laboriously, series, inherit, derive, offering, American, mothering, gathering, heritage, material, criteria, bacteria, a series of, menagerie, experiment, filtering, experience, pioneering, enter into.