Synonym: absorbed, contemplative, engrossed, meditative, melancholy, reflective, serious, thoughtful, wistful. Similar words: expensive, inexpensive, offensive, extensive, intensive, defensive, apprehensive, comprehensive. Meaning: ['pensɪv] adj. 1. persistently or morbidly thoughtful 2. showing pensive sadness.
Random good picture Not show
1. She became withdrawn and pensive, hardly speaking to anyone.
2. The woman in this painting has a pensive smile.
3. She looked pensive when she heard the news.
4. He looked suddenly sombre, pensive.
5. He became so pensive that she didn't like to break into his thought.
6. Suddenly you seem very pensive, Paula.
7. She appeared pensive and uneasy after the visit.
8. Some Territorials who were standing near me became pensive.
9. He kept looking over at her sad, pensive face.
10. He made a pensive sound like a distant bugle.
11. She has a pensive, almost sad look about her.
12. Odd-Knut smokes a pensive roll-up, I fish, Tony photographs, Nathan wanders off with a shovel and ice drill.
13. Valence also smiled, though his was a pensive smile, a smile of reverie.
14. The men looked pensive as the carriage approached the final leg of the trip to the big house on the hill.
15. For a compulsively pensive person, to be fully alert but free of thought is a form of ecstasy....
16. Some of the women who watched men, looking pensive.
17. Her face soon began a pensive smile.
18. She had a gentle voice and pensive expression.
19. You are too pensive, HendersonSungo.
20. He subsided into a pensive state.
21. WHY, repine, my pensive friend.
22. You may remember the way each scene ended with someone looking pensive or significant.
23. You may, if you don't like trades unions, grow mildly pensive.
24. The cover art accurately reflects the content, which is often pensive, delicate and private.
25. The tension dispelled as the two couples took small, pensive bites of their different servings.
26. As he ended his trip, the usually upbeat Mr. Liebenow was in a pensive mood.
27. He was a suspicious cat, wary of people getting pensive.
28. As he ends his trip[sentence dictionary], the usually upbeat Mr Liebenow is in a pensive mood.
29. Forest boy, quick of rye, fleet of foot, but pale and spindly and pensive.
30. The expression on Vologsky's face was too serious and pensive for what he had in mind.
More similar words: expensive, inexpensive, offensive, extensive, intensive, defensive, apprehensive, comprehensive, pension, propensity, suspension, responsive, expansively, sensitive, expense, forensic, tension, density, sensible, compensate, intensity, dimension, extension, elusive, massive, passive, insensibly, prehensile, insensible, ostensible.