Random good picture Not show
1. Among the factors that stand out in the Orphic construal of a cosmos is the nature of time.
2. In the Orphic cosmogonies, Dionysos was present; thus he has a cosmological location.
3. Guthrie has argued for an Orphic-Pythagorean identity, contending that they contain ideas identical to Orphic teachings.
4. Second, the Orphic prohibition against killing stands in marked contrast to the Titans' devouring Dionysos.
5. The Orphic materials were also concerned to give a reason for which these two disparate features of human beings were combined.
6. A different interpretation of the Orphic cosmogonic accounts is more accurate.
7. Our earliest piece of Orphic evidence, the Derveni commentary, described the workings of the cosmos as harmonic.
8. The specific shape the Orphic cosmogonies give the world have been delineated in this chapter.
8. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
9. We see, then, that time, in the Orphic cosmological framework, has three valences.
10. The Orphic cosmogonies provide information which is helpful at this point.
11. But whether the Orphic writers claimed the soul to be divine goes beyond the evidence.
12. The Orphic cosmogonies exhibit a concern to portray humans as well as the world in which they live.
13. There are many references in classical literature to Orphic poetry and Orphic rites.
14. Neither was society the focal point of the Orphic mysteries.
15. This statement Aristotle found in poems called Orphic is in accordance with a motif found in the Orphic cosmogonies.
16. They tend to make " orphic" music and hope their songs can be popular just like May Day's!
17. "Purity" is an Orphic conception, having primarily a ritual meaning, but for Plato it means freedom from slavery to the body and its needs.
18. They appear important in their own right and not simply as adjuncts to the Orphic theme.
19. In the process we may hope to uncover the reasons for the striking lack of consensus about Orphic tenets and practices.
20. My concern has been to specify as clearly as possible the Orphic strand of the web.
21. We have already noticed that a chief motif of the Orphic cosmogonies is their portrayal of the development of new life.
22. He's been waiting and waiting for his season due so that he can ripen into a powerful Orphic poet.
23. Poetic interpretations of this Orpheus complex may be seen in Rilke's orphic lyricism, as a lyricism which egotistically lives out an indeterminate love of others.
More similar words: biomorphic, geomorphic, isomorphic, polymorphic, metamorphic, monomorphic, pleomorphic, heteromorphic, metamorphic rock, anthropomorphic, morphine, endorphin, polymorphism, metamorphism, anthropomorphism, anthropomorphize, contact metamorphism, philosophic, philosophical, philosophically, philosophical system, morph, orphan, morpheme, orphaned, orphanage, amorphous, morphosis, polymorph, morphology.