Similar words: oppressor, oppression, depressed, hard-pressed, dressed, stressed, suppress, addressed. Meaning: [ə'prest] adj. burdened psychologically or mentally.
Random good picture Not show
1. The people are oppressed by the military goverment.
2. Many troubles oppressed my father.
3. She was oppressed by her many woes.
4. These people often are oppressed by the governments of the countries they find themselves in.
5. For years now, the people have been oppressed by a ruthless dictator.
6. It was not just the weather which oppressed her.
7. Women are often oppressed by men.
8. The gloomy atmosphere in the office oppressed her.
9. oppressed him and made him ill.
10. The oppressed long for deliverance and liberation.
10. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and create good sentences.
11. The gloom in the chapel oppressed her.
12. We should right the poor and the oppressed.
13. The oppressed people finally rose up against their rulers.
14. Strange dreams and nightmares oppressed him.
15. I feel oppressed by the heat.
16. What he did oppressed me.
17. She is often oppressed by him.
18. It'seemed that the realisation of his life's dream oppressed him with overjoy.
19. The oppressed peoples will never allow themselves to be preyed upon by any invaders.
20. Nations that had been oppressed for centuries were now fighting for a place in the sun.
21. The people of an oppressed country obey their conquerors because they want to go on living.
22. The magazine gave voice to hundreds of oppressed factory workers.
23. The oppressed people will never allow themselves to be preyed upon any longer by others.
24. Before they took power, they felt oppressed by the white English speakers who controlled things.
25. The lack of democracy and equality impelled the oppressed to fight for independence.
26. He had been a dictator and a warlord who had oppressed and degraded the people of the South.
27. It seemed that the realization of his life's dream oppressed him with overjoy.
28. The UN supported what it saw as the just struggle of an oppressed people.
29. His sympathies were always with the poor and the oppressed.
30. He had dedicated his life to bettering the lot of the oppressed people of South Africa.
More similar words: oppressor, oppression, depressed, hard-pressed, dressed, stressed, suppress, addressed, suppression, obsessed, processed, press, repress, press for, express, impress, compress, pressing, pressure, expression, compression, impression, depression, impressive, inexpressible, pressure group, freedom of the press, opposed, opprobrium, passed.