Similar words: hope against hope, open, pope, cope, rope, opera, hope, slope. Meaning: n. an organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the production and sale of petroleum.
Random good picture Not show
1. Pardon my ignorance, but what does OPEC stand for?
2. OPEC production is holding at around 21.5 million barrels a day.
3. Each member of OPEC would seek to maximize its own production.
4. OPEC has agreed to freeze its global oil production slightly in order to firm up crude prices.
5. OPEC is an organization of 13 major oil producers.
6. These pressures have been tearing OPEC apart.
7. After years in the doldrums, Opec has grabbed centre stage once more.
8. Richardson was reluctant to blame OPEC for this budding return to energy malaise.
9. This would be the first time OPEC has changed its quota in 2 1 / 2 years.
10. This year he toured all Opec countries to invite them to the summit.
11. A summit meeting of OPEC leaders was called to find a solution to the oil crisis.
12. Lukman, now foreign minister(sentencedict.com), was re-elected OPEC president in November.
13. Despite attempts to prevent this by OPEC, the price of oil plummeted in 1986.
14. The Caracas meeting, only the second heads-of-state Opec summit since 1975, will examine that adjustment mechanism.
15. Opec is to increase production by 1.45m barrels a day in an attempt to stem rising prices.
16. OPEC is still skating on thin ice.
17. Non - OPEC oil production has continued to rise.
18. OPEC wants to monopolize oil.
19. All the OPEC opal in the Opel is opaque.
20. IEA says Opec must lift output to meet demand.
21. Members of Opec agreed to cut oil production last year in response to the economic crisis.
22. Also yesterday, at a meeting in Saudi Arabia, the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) focused on new technologies that could ensure a cleaner use of oil and natural gas.
23. The latest drop came after members of OPEC, who had gathered for an emergency meeting in Cairo at the weekend, failed to agree to cut output quotas, despite tumbling demand.
23. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
24. He demanded OPEC members make right decisions and seek a consensus in the forthcoming ministerial meeting in the western Algerian town of Oran.
25. The agreement sets the ceiling of twenty-two-point-five million barrels a day on OPEC production.
26. The oil-producing countries joined together under the banner of OPEC.
27. Our domestic oil had been price-controlled since 1973, to keep oil companies from reaping a windfall at the higher OPEC price.
28. Concern about slowing demand for petrol and a recent fall in crude prices has pushed Opec towards tough action on supply.
29. One final point must be made clear to the reader regarding OPEC and Middle East oil supplies.
30. Russia upped the ante in its faceoff with the West by proposing 'extensive cooperation' with the OPEC oil cartel, an idea that would stir concerns among big oil-consuming countries like the U. S.