Antonym: majority. Similar words: priority, authority, minor, favorite, security, celebrity, popularity, similarity. Meaning: [maɪ'nɔrətɪ /-'nɒ-] n. 1. a group of people who differ racially or politically from a larger group of which it is a part 2. being or relating to the smaller in number of two parts 3. any age prior to the legal age.
Random good picture Not show
1. You are definitely among the minority.
2. The minority is subordinate to the majority.
3. They were in the minority.
4. Minority groups need more effective parliamentary representation.
5. For a minority, the decision was a disappointment.
6. Only a minority of British households do/does not have a car.
7. Only a minority of British households do not have a car.
8. Only a small minority of students is / are interested in politics these days.
9. The Voting Rights Act was needed to empower minority groups.
10. Only a small minority of the mentally ill are liable to harm themselves or others.
11. Outraged minority groups will not be placated by promises of future improvements.
11. Wish you can benefit from sentencedict.com and make progress everyday!
12. Local authority nursery provision covers only a tiny minority of working mothers.
13. It's only a tiny minority of people who are causing the problem.
14. We're in the minority, more people are against us than with us.
15. Bad teachers are a tiny minority .
16. Only a tiny minority hold such extreme views.
17. The protesters are a small but vocal minority.
18. The minority nationality concert lasted two hours.
19. A small minority voted against the motion.
20. A small minority of young people does drink excessively.
21. Only a minority of people support these new laws.
22. Gay men are a small but significant minority.
23. The school is 95 per cent minority .
24. The conference adopted a document on minority rights.
25. In the past conservatives have been in the minority.
26. They are members of a racial minority.
27. There is a crying need for more magistrates from the ethnic minority communities.
28. The socialists won 42% of the seats and formed a minority government.
29. What are the prospects for overcoming the strife between the Christian minority and Muslim majority?
30. Gaelic is still spoken in Ireland by a tiny minority.
More similar words: priority, authority, minor, favorite, security, celebrity, popularity, similarity, casino, in order, cash in on, heinous, in order to, in other words, carcinomas, in order that, origin, major in, horizon, historic, write, historian, rhetoric, ritual, inherit, critic, authorize, historical, originally, terrorist.