1. An honest look covereth many
receive advice only the wise profit by it.
heads are better than one.
one says well that thinks ill.
friends in general, one in special.
6. A maiden with many
wooers often chooses the worst.
a little makes a mickle.
lords, many laws; much law, little justice.
9. Success has many
fathers, while failure is an orphan.
a good cow hath a bad calf.
11. Success has many
fathers, but failure is an orphan.
a true word is spoken in jest.
13. Cowards die often [many
times] before their deaths.
14. There's many
a slip 'twixt cup and lip.
a little (or pickle) makes a mickle.
16. So many
men,(http://sentencedict.com/many.html) so many minds.
great men have arisen from humble beginnings.
18. So many
countries, so many customs.
19. Dogs that run after many
hares kill none.
a fine dish has nothing on it.
21. Cowards may die many
times before their death.
22. An empty purse frightens many
23. One butcher does not fear many
hands make light (or quick) work.
a pickle makes a muckle.
a one says well that thinks ill.
27. There is many
a true word spoken in jest.
a flower is born to blush unseen.
hands make a burden lighter.
sands will sink a ship.
1. Many a true word is spoken in jest.
2. The room still has many of its original features.
3. How many goals has he missed this season?
4. How many people were present at the meeting?
5. She has sung soprano in many major operas.
6. Many of Hitchcock's films are real cliffhangers.
7. They greeted him with many expressions of pleasure.
8. The Prime Minister's policy alienated many of her followers.
9. How many children do you have?
10. I've been eating too many stodgy puddings.
11. Many of our patients are severely disturbed.
12. I've known her for a great many years.
13. Many species are doomed to extinction.
14. How many people are in your family?
15. The quake destroyed mud buildings in many remote villages.
16. Many large oaks were felled during the war.
17. For many people, dieting is a compulsion.
18. How many people came to the party?
19. Many lines from Shakespeare's plays are misquoted and misapplied.
20. Many voters have become disenchanted with the government.
21. Technological changes have shaken up many industries.
22. In many societies women are subordinate to men.
23. It is an elaborate project that answers many purposes.
24. His remarks deeply offended many Scottish people.
25. Many refugees have arrived at the border without passports.
26. You can't have one each. We haven't got many.
27. Don't clutter the page with too many diagrams.
28. His behavior made him many enemies.
29. How many legs does a centipede have?
30. Many established firms were facing bankruptcy.