Random good picture Not show
1. Though nearly twenty he was barely literate.
2. Only a few of the nation's peasants are literate.
3. Geography graduates are literate and numerate and have very good IT skills.
4. Only highly literate people are capable of discussing these subjects.
5. All students should be numerate and literate when they leave school.
6. Head teachers need to be financially literate.
7. Every literate person should read this book.
7. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
8. He is the most literate of the whole family.
9. Both parents were literate in English.
10. Scientists should be literate and articulate as well as able to handle figures.
11. They are the first fully literate generation in the country.
12. He was uneducated and barely literate.
13. Students need to be computerate as well as literate.
14. Your children should be literate and numerate.
15. In comparing oral and literate societies in terms of their education systems, for instance, she represents oral systems as decidedly inferior.
16. A literate society is only as competent to face the dangers of the future as our definition of that adjective allows.
17. The most skilled and literate combined the keenest sense of grievance with the ability to articulate their aspirations.
18. So who the devil are these two engaging, literate, drug-free chatterers sitting down the pub?
19. In the ancient world, literate societies recorded their own history in written documents.
20. Because he was literate and articulate, he showed a bitter contempt for the self-appointed intellectuals of the inter-war years.
21. Over one-quarter of the adult population are not fully literate.
22. In recent times, anthropologists have noted that Inuit had almost universally perfect eyesight until significant numbers of them became literate.
23. But in the matter of the relations between a general oral and a privileged literate culture, the shift is crucial.
24. It also serves as a reminder that I am not recommending a domestic Peace Corps but a literate upheaval.
25. We must ensure that our students leave school functionally literate for a complex competitive economy. 2.
26. Meanwhile, the emerging industrial factories needed workers who were at least literate and able to follow directions.
27. For many it is not long enough to become literate or numerate in any real sense.
28. You look at these old broadcasts and you see these literate, well-traveled, mostly men who wrote their own stuff.
29. Either way, they do not need to tyrannize the literate newcomer.
30. A recent United Nations report says that 90% of the adult population are literate.
More similar words: alliteration, reiterate, literally, literary, inveterate, adulterate, satellite, berate, operate, moderate, cooperate, generate, liberate, tolerate, desperate, desperately, deliberate, exaggerate, accelerate, cooperate with, deliberately, deteriorate, extraterrestrial, elite, impolite, writer, litter, operator, jupiter, operation.