Synonym: dispiritedly. Similar words: hopeless, carelessly, ceaselessly, tactlessly, ruthlessly, recklessly, effortlessly, mercilessly. Meaning: ['həʊplɪslɪ] adv. 1. in a hopeless manner 2. in a dispirited manner without hope 3. without hope; desperate because there seems no possibility of comfort or success.
Random good picture Not show
1. The fishing lines had become hopelessly entangled.
2. She never gets anywhere on time. She's hopelessly disorganized.
3. We found ourselves hopelessly outnumbered by the enemy.
4. The lorry had become hopelessly bogged down in the sand.
5. He was a wonderful companion but hopelessly impractical.
6. My legs got hopelessly tangled in the rope.
7. We were hopelessly lost in the wilderness.
8. She shook her head hopelessly.
9. Her directions were hopelessly vague.
10. The Spanish were hopelessly outnumbered in the battle.
11. By this time, he was hopelessly pickled.
12. Sandra was hopelessly impractical around the house.
13. The opinion polls were hopelessly wide of the mark.
14. His troops were hopelessly outnumbered.
15. Their manufacturing methods are hopelessly out-of-date.
16. Their dreams of love and marriage are hopelessly romantic.
17. He was hopelessly miscast as the romantic hero.
18. My children are hopelessly addicted to television.
19. She had fallen hopelessly and recklessly in love.
20. They met at university and fell hopelessly in love.
21. I had visions of us getting hopelessly lost.
22. 'I'll never manage it,' he said hopelessly.
22. Sentencedict.com try its best to gather and build good sentences.
23. Geniuses are supposed to be eccentric and hopelessly impractical.
24. 'When will I see you again?' he asked hopelessly.
25. The snow cruiser proved hopelessly unsuited to Antarctic conditions.
26. I'm hopelessly inefficient at mending things.
27. Both their assessments of production costs were hopelessly inaccurate.
28. I'm no good at dancing - I always get hopelessly out of step.
29. When it comes to expressing their emotions, most men are hopelessly inarticulate.
30. I strayed a few blocks in the wrong direction and became hopelessly lost.
More similar words: hopeless, carelessly, ceaselessly, tactlessly, ruthlessly, recklessly, effortlessly, mercilessly, shapeless, hope against hope, expressly, uselessness, telescope, useless, radio telescope, careless, timeless, homeless, nonetheless, baseless, tireless, optical telescope, guileless, priceless, tasteless, ceaseless, blameless, senseless, relentless, changeless.