Synonym: arrange, assemble, bunch, classify, cluster, collect, gather, grade, organize, sort. Similar words: control group, ground, background, middle ground, on the grounds of, round and round, do up, coup. Meaning: [gruːp] n. 1. any number of entities (members) considered as a unit 2. (chemistry) two or more atoms bound together as a single unit and forming part of a molecule 3. a set that is closed, associative, has an identity element and every element has an inverse. v. 1. arrange into a group or groups 2. form a group or group together.
Random good picture Not show
1. The group has been notoriously fickle in the past.
2. You wouldn't remember me. I was in another group.
3. The group had cobbled together a few decent songs.
4. The small group of onlookers presented a pathetic sight.
5. The group is mainly black, mainly working-class.
6. The grey shape resolved into a group of walkers.
7. They are a small but noisy pressure group .
8. The group has no affiliation to any political party.
9. The airliner was hijacked by a group of terrorists.
10. The group leader supervises a dozen workers.
11. There will be a working group on international issues.
12. The pop group is now touring the provinces.
13. She's the dominant child in the group.
14. A group of zebras started up by a shot.
14. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find nice sentences for a large number of words.
15. She was rejected by her peer group.
16. The group are holding two western tourists hostage .
17. We can group animals into several types.
18. A group of 400 demonstrators clashed with police.
19. They were a group of early navigators.
20. I came across a group of children playing.
21. He goes about with a nice group of boys.
22. One group left the camp to forage for firewood.
23. The group produced two albums before disappearing into obscurity.
24. The group suffered an extraordinary series of minor mishaps.
25. A group of swans floated by.
26. The group tried to lobby the bill through.
27. The proposal aroused little enthusiasm in the group.
28. They discuss their problems in group therapy sessions.
29. The director detailed a group for fatigue duty.
More similar words: control group, ground, background, middle ground, on the grounds of, round and round, do up, coup, soup, go up, couple, grow, gross, grow on, grow up, a couple of, grocery, route, round, bear out, wear out, routine, around, round up, drought, all round, round off, clear out, through, trouble.