Synonym: execution, hanging, noose, rope. Similar words: as follows, gallon, gallop, allow, hallow, mellow, billow, follow. Meaning: ['gæləʊz] n. an instrument of execution consisting of a wooden frame from which a condemned person is executed by hanging.
Random good picture Not show
(4) He was saved from the gallows by a lastminute reprieve.
(5) The murderer was sent to the gallows.
(6) The criminal ended up in the gallows.
(7) The murderer was sent to the gallows for his crimes.
(8) The next sketch was one of a gallows.
(9) Men on their way to the gallows?
(10) Next a policeman puppet arrived carrying a gallows.
(11) Corpses hung from gallows, heads were spiked on railings.
(12) Prohibited items should include gallows and leg irons.
(13) As uplifting as a gallows, maybe, but a rewarding experiment in instrumentation none the less.
(14) The gallows with its black outline, like a half-completed cross, sank back behind the hedge and was lost to view.
(15) No Old West gallows like they still use in four states, including Delaware.
(16) The arrangement was later modified, and gallows were erected outside, in the hanging corner.
(17) The public were waiting to see the hated hangman swing from his own gallows.
(18) New witnesses have cast doubt on some of the evidence that sent the 19 year old to the gallows.
(19) The guilty man was to be drawn on an ox hide to the gallows, where he was hanged.
(20) After a sumptuous repast he asked the Mayor whether the gallows was prepared.
(21) Without hesitation the General threw his casting vote in favour of the gallows.
(22) The sea captain was led down from the wharf to the beach, to stand on the platform beneath the gallows beam.
(23) Yet today my ignorance could have caused an innocent man to be sent to the gallows. Sentencedict.com
(24) Hooper's career continued until 1735 but thereafter no mention of him occurs in the gallows records.
(25) Jonas bribes Slyme to let him kill himself to cheat the gallows.
(26) Emotional but effective and with some memorable flashes of gallows humour.
(27) However, he settled down again and, with his assistant Brunskill, continued to rule the gallows.
(28) There's something about this matter which could lead us to the gallows or on to the knife of some hired assassin.
(29) Maura began walking towards them like a condemned man on his way to the gallows.
(30) Was this a massive bribe to save Will from a charge of infanticide and possibly the gallows?