Synonym: deluge, drench, inundate, overfill, overflow, oversupply. Antonym: drain, draught. Similar words: floor, bloody, flour, flow, float, flourish, food, good. Meaning: [flʌd] n. 1. the rising of a body of water and its overflowing onto normally dry land 2. an overwhelming number or amount 3. light that is a source of artificial illumination having a broad beam; used in photography 4. a large flow 5. the act of flooding; filling to overflowing 6. the occurrence of incoming water (between a low tide and the following high tide). v. 1. fill quickly beyond capacity; as with a liquid 2. cover with liquid, usually water 3. supply with an excess of 4. become filled to overflowing.
Random good picture Not show
1. The flood swept away many homes.
2. Many families were drowned out by the recent flood.
3. The insurers will need to assess the flood damage.
3. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress day by day!
4. Police have issued flood warnings for Nevada.
5. A weak dyke bursts easily before a flood.
6. He prophesied that a flood would cover the earth.
7. The heavy rain was the cause of the flood.
8. Flood waters surged into their homes.
9. The flood weakened the dam.
10. Few survived after the flood.
11. The dam secured the city from the flood.
12. to help the flood victims.
13. The tides at highest mark regorge the flood.
14. The river is in flood .
15. I saved the animals from the flood.
16. The fields were inundated with flood.
17. The flood caused serious destruction to the village.
18. Several charities sent aid to the flood victims.
19. The flood is a disaster.
20. We heard the swill of flood waters.
21. The flood came about as a result of the heavy spring rains.
22. Getting food, medicine and blankets to flood victims is the most urgent priority.
23. The flood last year was a terrible catastrophe in which many people died.
24. Few survived the flood.
25. Human life,like flood water and do not hear of islands and reefs,it is difficult to create beautiful waves.
26. Sandbags will hold the flood waters back for a while.
27. The flood on the road eventually drained off into the ditch.
28. The torrential rain may flood the low - lying land out.
29. The crux of the matter is how do we prevent a flood occurring again?
30. We had about ten hours' warning, so we were able to minimize the effects of the flood.