Synonym: at one time, erst, erstwhile, once. Similar words: former, performer, properly, elderly, farmer, underlying, armed, overlook. Meaning: ['fɔrməlɪ /'fɔːm-] adv. at a previous time.
Random good picture Not show
1. The British were formerly dominant in India.
2. Algeria was formerly a French colony.
3. That formerly how to pick, time flies straight forward.
4. Smocks were formerly worn by farm workers.
5. This boat was formerly used on the rivers of China.
6. Formerly most of our household utensils were made of brass.
7. This area was formerly within the sphere of influence of the US.
8. The European Union was formerly called the European Community.
9. Some of our formerly loyal members have fallen away.
10. He had formerly been in the Navy.
11. The company formerly belonged to an international banking group.
12. Burundi was formerly a Belgian trusteeship.
13. Formerly he often lingered about a park doing nothing.
14. Less people study Latin today than formerly.
15. This elegant hotel was formerly a castle.
16. Formerly he often lingered around a park doing nothing.
17. The formerly robust economy has begun to weaken.
18. The Orkney islands were formerly dependencies of Norway and Denmark.
19. We now enjoy these comforts of which formerly we had only heard.
20. The European Union was formerly known as the European Economic Community.
21. This painting was formerly owned privately, but now it belongs to the Nation.
21. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find excellent sentences for a large number of words.
22. I learnt that the house had formerly been an inn.
23. Formerly, the relations between a teacher and his pupils were dominated by fear on the part of the pupils.
24. Formerly close friends, they had been estranged from each other for many years.
25. Peru was formerly ruled by the Spanish.
26. Modern Western men are producing less sperm than formerly.
27. The building, formerly a Masonic temple, stood twelve stories.
28. The local school was formerly a hospital.
29. Churkin, 43, was formerly a deputy foreign minister.
30. The audience were disappointed in the comedian because he lapsed from his formerly high standard of performance.