Similar words: federal, confederation, naturalist, journalist, realistic, minimalist, specialist, mutualism. Meaning: ['fedrəlɪst] n. 1. a member of a former political party in the United States that favored a strong centralized federal government 2. an advocate of federalism.
Random good picture Not show
1. Many Quebeckers are federalists.
2. When federalists bleat on about how interdependent the world is, one wonders what world they live in.
3. He read about Jacques Delors's federalist vision from which he recoiled in horror.
4. The more rabid federalists became impatient with procedural delays and wanted to effect a return to the federal system at once.
5. The other factor was the assessment by committed federalists and functionalists of exactly what had been achieved.
6. Meanwhile, the federalists try to pretend that this is not happening, or that it will not matter.
7. He belonged to the Federalist Party.
8. Name one of the writers of the Federalist Papers.
9. Very, very different than this federalist decentralized structure of both of these countries.
10. But this decentralized federalist structure is part of who they thought they were and who they continue to think they are.
11. Federalist opponents of Thomas Jefferson spread rumors that he was an "infidel" during his first presidential election.
12. He also helped write the Federalist Papers with James Madison and John Jay.
13. Laws passed by members of the Federalist Party designed to prevent people from speaking out against John Adam's handling of the French Revolution were called what?
14. The Swiss were divided between "Republicans" who were in favour of a centralised government(sentencedict.com), and "Federalist" who wanted to restore autonomy to the cantons.
15. In Federalist 70, Hamilton argues that a plural executive "tends to conceal faults, and destroy responsibility."
16. The opposition Federalist Party was dead. It was no longer an election threat.
17. The Federalist Papers supported the passage of the U.S. Constitution. Name one of the writers.
18. "Ambition must counter ambition," James Madison wrote in 1788 in Federalist 51, an effort to defend the proposed U.S. Constitution he had done so much to shape.
19. A senior commission official accuses MEPs of living in a federalist fantasy, in which they are the parliament of a "unitary state" that is the equal of the 27 national governments of the EU.
20. The nation's first two presidents were members of the now-defunct Federalist Party.
20. Wish you will love sentencedict.com and make progress everyday!
21. But Amsterdam reflects this kind of primacy of the global economy, because it's such an important trading power, but also this federalist decentralized aspect that I've tried to describe.
22. In practice the judiciary is the weakest, as Alexander Hamilton cautioned in "The Federalist Papers", because it controls neither sword nor purse.
23. The United States is a republic which operates under federalist system.
24. In the end, these secret activities helped destroy the Federalist Party.
25. A political party in the United States that was opposed to the Federalist Party and was founded by Thomas Jefferson in 792 and dissolved in 828.
More similar words: federal, confederation, naturalist, journalist, realistic, minimalist, specialist, mutualism, journalism, list, nationalism, demoralize, overall, mineral, several, funeral, liberal, after all, listen, literally, visceral, in general, listener, enlisted, listen to, moderate, therapist, the general public, considerable, considerably.