Synonym: Apostelic Father, Apostle. Similar words: apostasy, postposition, hustle, whistle, bustle, rustle, costly, mostly. Meaning: [ə'pɒsl] n. 1. an ardent early supporter of a cause or reform 2. any important early teacher of Christianity or a Christian missionary to a people 3. (New Testament) one of the original 12 disciples chosen by Christ to preach his gospel.
Random good picture Not show
1. Her mother was a dedicated apostle of healthy eating.
2. Here the apostle Peter affirms his belief that the Scriptures are'inspired '.
3. Three things seem to concern the apostle.
4. That is an odd prescription from an apostle of efficiency: you pay your most productive farmers not to produce.
5. He might have been, like Gandhi, an apostle of passive resistance.
6. Tax collector turned apostle; he wrote the first Gospel between 60 and 90, which contains quotes from the Old Testament.
6. Wish you will love sentencedict.com and make progress everyday!
7. That the apostle Paul thought of his letters to his churches as constituting inspired revelation to instruct all subsequent generations is unlikely.
8. Most substantially, Rockefeller is attacked as an apostle of big government.
9. James was beheaded in Jerusalem, the first apostle to be martyred.
10. an apostle of free enterprise.
11. The apostle Paul shows us how.
12. And what about that great leader, Apostle Paul?
13. We apostle application minusculeer alembic to pack the goods.
14. It'seemed that the Apostle would die during his Centennial.
15. Paul was to become known as Paul the Apostle.
16. That's what apostle Paul taught the church at Colosse.
17. We apostle application abate alembic to pack the goods.
18. He is an apostle of temperance.
19. The Apostle Paul, himself, mourned in Acts, Chapter 20, when he was departing from the Ephesian elders.
20. Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers dispersed through Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, elect.
21. A book is a mirror ,if an ass peers into it,you can't expect an apostle to look out.
22. Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi spearheaded the movement, which was largely peaceful, Gandhi being the apostle of non-violence.
23. Some have felt they were all the same, maybe even the Apostle John.
24. If we look at the meaning of the word apostle, we find it simply means a person sent forth or commissioned.
25. Throughout these three arguments the social concern of the apostle has been uppermost.
26. Nehru saw himself as the central figure; the veteran of the fight against colonialism and the apostle of non-alignment.
27. Faced with this situation, the church sent a letter to the apostle asking in part about his opinions on this problem.
28. When the king was informed of Thomas' actions, he ordered the execution of the apostle.
29. Here the bridge between us is the Society of St Peter Apostle, whose hundredth birthday we celebrate this year.
30. "This seems to confirm the unanimous and uncontested tradition that these are the mortal remains of Paul the apostle, " he said, adding that the discovery "fills our souls with great emotion".
More similar words: apostasy, postposition, hustle, whistle, bustle, rustle, costly, mostly, epistle, bristle, restless, jostling, blow the whistle, whistleblower, juxtapose, castle in the air, compost, poster, postman, posting, postpone, posture, post-war, postern, riposte, bedpost, juxtaposition, postcard, impostor, postponed.