Synonym: cheer, comfort, solace, sympathize. Antonym: afflict, torment, torture. Similar words: insolvent, sole, sponsor, solely, solemnly, solemnity, obsolescence, constitutional convention. Meaning: [kən'səʊl] n. 1. a small table fixed to a wall or designed to stand against a wall 2. a scientific instrument consisting of displays and an input device that an operator can use to monitor and control a system (especially a computer system) 3. an ornamental scroll-shaped bracket (especially one used to support a wall fixture) 4. housing for electronic instruments, as radio or television. v. give moral or emotional strength to.
Random good picture Not show
1. Nothing could console him when his pet dog died.
2. No one could console her when Peter died.
3. He tried to console her, but she kept saying it was all her own fault.
4. Nothing could console him when his wife died.
5. We tried to console her when her dog died.
6. A COBOL mnemonic name associated with the console typewriter.
7. This type of games console is starting to look well past its sell-by date .
8. The car has an overhead console with a compass and outside temperature indicator.
9. I tried to console her with a box of chocolates.
10. I can console myself with the fact that I'm not alone.
11. We tried to console her when her mother died but it was very difficult.
12. Console yourself with the thought that you did your best.
12. Sentencedict.com try its best to gather and build good sentences.
13. A priest was called in to console victims' families.
14. I rehearsed several critical responses to the blank console.
15. Detailed conversion from arcade hit game to console format.
16. Bowman drummed his fingers on the console.
17. Our tester had a center console with deep storage, a dual cupholder and a clipboard holder.
18. The console is not intended as a pattern storage system.
19. He reached over the console and wiped some of the grime off the viewport.
20. The same console will enable the teacher to retrieve data or generate more meaningful reports almost instantaneously.
21. Silk moved again, outflanked a control console, nestling down beside it as Delaney took over the lead.
22. You can console yourself with the thought that you did your best.
23. Perhaps, sub-consciously, to console myself for the maiming sense of loss of identity, I began to write.
24. Of course, when he got home he found they wouldn't fit into his console!
25. On August 14 the green button on my phone console lit up for the first time in an ice age.
26. Storage space for front passengers is skimpy, limited to door pockets and a small center console.
27. They had the latches closed, the headsets on and plugged in at the console.
28. The computer would be burbling away and the lights would be fluttering around the console.
29. The system comprises three key modules, which are centred on the Network Control System Console.
30. There are redesigned interior door panels with lighted power mirror and window switches and a new floor console with dual cup holders.
More similar words: insolvent, sole, sponsor, solely, solemnly, solemnity, obsolescence, constitutional convention, CONS, consign, consume, consent, consist, consult, consumer, constant, construe, consider, conscious, consist of, construct, consensus, constrain, consist in, constraint, conscience, constitute, consistent, consultant, consequence.