Synonym: bankrupt. Similar words: solvent, solve, absolve, resolve, dissolve, involvement, evolve, involve. Meaning: [ɪn'sɑlvənt /-'sɒl-] n. someone who has insufficient assets to cover their debts. adj. unable to meet or discharge financial obligations.
Random good picture Not show
1) They lost orders and were insolvent within weeks.
2) The company was later declared insolvent .
3) The bank is insolvent and will be unable to live up to its obligations.
4) State banks are virtually insolvent due to politically-directed lending.
5) Half of our projects were insolvent.
6) The bank was declared insolvent.
7) Later they became insolvent and a receiver was appointed.
8) Woosung Construction went insolvent yesterday when it failed to honor 16. 9 billion worth of promissory notes the previous day.
9) A spokesman denied the bank was insolvent, but depositors are rushing to withdraw their money.
10) Officials estimate the Medicare fund will be insolvent by 2002.
11) Where the trustee is insolvent, the trust property in his possession is not subject to normal execution.
12) The bank could even be rendered insolvent by such a large payment.
13) The new Insolvent Act had made considerable inroads on the whimsical principles of those days.
14) The court ordered the dissolution of seven insolvent housing loan companies.
15) Insolvent traders could be banned because of their liabilities.
16) The company was declared insolvent.
17) The company has been declared insolvent.
18) The FSLIC, which insured depositors'money,[http://sentencedict.com/insolvent.html] itself became insolvent.
19) When inspector told him that his company was insolvent.
20) This would have left many people with worthless claims against insolvent companies.
21) In the nick of time: according to one recent report 80 out of 92 league clubs are technically insolvent.
22) It put him, as investor in these two as well as Ballantynes the printers who were also insolvent, in deep trouble.
23) Success in that direction is unlikely and, besides, warranties and indemnities from an insolvent company would be worthless.
24) This way, the banks will be paid on schedule and the country will not become insolvent.
25) The company auditor has filed a warning that Eurotunnel is in danger of becoming insolvent.
26) Regional banks founded Chigin Seiho Jutaku Loan, one of the seven insolvent housing lenders.
27) He withdrew saving from a major bank just two days before it was declared insolvent.
28) His business had started to founder and his company had gone into insolvent liquidation.
29) Has it enough working capital to enable it to wait out this period without becoming insolvent?
30) The court appointed a receiver to administer and liquidate the assets of an insolvent corporation.
More similar words: solvent, solve, absolve, resolve, dissolve, involvement, evolve, involve, involved, in so far as, revolve around, event, invent, events, venture, seventy, seventh, in any event, invention, eventually, inventory, adventure, convenient, even though, prevention, convention, instrument, in the event of, intervention, conventional.