Synonym: cargo, commitment, committal, freight, lading, load, loading, payload, shipment. Similar words: assignment, alignment, consign, containment, consistent, consistently, entertainment, consist. Meaning: [-mənt] n. 1. goods carried by a large vehicle 2. the official act of consigning a person to confinement (as in a prison or mental hospital) 3. the delivery of goods for sale or disposal.
Random good picture Not show
1. Their consignment of bananas was / were bad.
2. The salesman sorted his new consignment of stockings.
3. This last consignment of hosiery is quite up to standard.
4. We usually only order goods on consignment.
5. The most recent consignment of cloth was faulty.
6. The first consignment of food has already left Bologna.
7. A potential consignment was purportedly held back in the hope of a higher price.
8. William and Joe and their entire consignment of cod vanished in the desire to please Araminta.
9. The whole consignment, Carmichael says, must filter down into as many pairs of hands as possible.
10. Specific details relating to each consignment are required but values and quantities may be aggregated where all other details are identical.
11. Consignment shops are a good place to look for cheap but good quality baby equipment.
12. Pritchitt's distribution manager Robert Hamilton sees off the consignment of milk powder bound for Bosnia.
13. The consignment note is not a negotiable instrument,(Sentencedict) nor is it a document of title.
14. It was part of a consignment that arrived at Negru Voda on December 15, 2000.
15. After three years' work the last consignment of nuclear fuel rods has been removed.
16. And yet the Customs service cleared the consignment for landing in Constanta.
17. A large consignment of weapons was unloaded from a Soviet ship at Assab on 21 September.
18. They adopt franco wagon shenzhen in their consignment contract.
19. The consignment goods shall be the property of SUPPLIER.
20. They adopt franco wagon Shenzhen in their consignment contract.
21. It was held that this did not entitle the buyers to reject the whole consignment.
22. At its home port, it was found to be carrying a large consignment of drugs.
23. Its inhabitants quiver with curiosity whenever the desert train discharges a consignment of tourists.
24. After four hours of banging rave tunes and a whole consignment of illegal drugs, they're in the mood to party.
25. It seems, Freddie as he's been named, stowed away with a consignment of bananas from the Windward Islands.
26. Exporters seem to be unaware the first 15 boxes on the consignment note should be completed by them.
27. And we know the usual fate of such ephemera: consignment to the bottomless circular file below the desk.
28. However, that right ceases when the second copy of the consignment note has been handed over to the original designated consignee.
29. The contract of carriage by road shall be confirmed by a consignment note, sometimes referred to as a waybill.
30. The rest accepted the waste on the basis of the labelling on the containers or its consignment note.
More similar words: assignment, alignment, consign, containment, consistent, consistently, entertainment, consist, consider, dimensions, government, consist of, consist in, environment, enlightenment, environmental, considerably, considerable, consideration, be considered as, consent, constitutional convention, consequently, consequential, environmental protection, conscientious, sign on, assign, sign in, design.