Synonym: butchery, mass murder, massacre, slaughter. Similar words: carnal, incarnate, incarnation, manage, carnival, managed, manager, teenage. Meaning: ['kɑːnɪdʒ] n. the savage and excessive killing of many people.
Random good picture Not show
(1) The battlefield was a scene of utter carnage.
(2) How can we reduce the carnage on our roads?
(3) Refugees crossed the border to escape the carnage in their homeland.
(4) The war was over. The carnage had ceased.
(5) Contains war carnage, profanity and protracted suffering.
(6) One ambulanceman compared the carnage to an air crash.
(7) More years of trench warfare and carnage on the Western Front.were now almost unavoidable.
(8) One person died in the carnage, which left a trail of twisted metal across the three lanes of the west-bound carriageway.
(9) Copeland watched the carnage on television at a nearby hotel.
(10) Amidst scenes of carnage it was more than two hours before Muawad's death was officially announced.
(11) Result: carnage averted but father left in state of deep physical and nervous distress.
(12) TV cameras broadcast scenes of terrible carnage to U.S. audiences.
(13) The carnage in the extensive light aircraft population at the Airport can be seen in the background.
(14) The event is aimed at reducing the carnage caused by the worldwide stockpile of 550m small arms.
(15) Beyond[sentencedict.com/carnage.html], a glimpse of carnage - the pile-up on the southbound lane resembled a scrap metal yard.
(16) The next grim prospect is carnage following the PE2 results.
(17) The carnage lasted until midnight when a small detachment of federal troops intervened and the rioters scattered.
(18) The ancient Rome battlefield was a scene of great carnage.
(19) The Battle of the Somme was a scene of dreadful carnage.
(20) Five Forks, like most battlefields, is an unlikely place for such carnage.
(21) The foreign minister has asked ambassadors from several states to help end the carnage.
(22) Soon the sharks are eating each other in a carnage such as you shall never see.
(23) The organisers say it is not just a reaction to the recent carnage in Warrington.
(24) What are we left with as an explanation for this carnage?
(25) We realise that this is simply a small sacred spot in the midst of environmental carnage.
(26) What can the Minister tell the people of Northern Ireland after a night of carnage in the city of Belfast?
(27) The casualties of the greatest battle in history would be as nothing,(sentencedict.com) before the carnage that might start at any second.
(28) Spell after spell crashed down on the Dark Elves, the carnage was too awful to contemplate.
(29) They let their dark sides control their lives and actively seek opportunities to cause death and carnage.
(30) Reality becomes so painful that the sufferer uses his or her substance or process of addiction in order to survive the emotional carnage.
More similar words: carnal, incarnate, incarnation, manage, carnival, managed, manager, teenage, iron age, teenager, menagerie, espionage, patronage, carnivorous, manageable, management, assistant manager, management system, carriage, cartilage, carriageway, nag, finagle, nagging, barn, warn, earn, managing, learn, yearn.