Synonym: CO2, carbonic acid gas. Similar words: carbon, carbon cycle, carbohydrate, taxidermy, harbour, bourbon, harbor, yearbook. Meaning: n. a heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances; absorbed from the air by plants in photosynthesis.
Random good picture Not show
1. Carbon dioxide consists of carbon and oxygen.
2. Plants absorb carbon in the form of carbon dioxide.
3. Trees absorb carbon dioxide and produce oxygen.
4. The leak led to a slow build-up of carbon dioxide.
5. The carbon14 atoms oxidize to carbon dioxide which gets blown about and mixed up with lower atmosphere.
6. Plants absorb carbon dioxide.
7. The carbon 14 atoms oxidise to carbon dioxide which gets blown about and mixed up with lower atmosphere.
8. Plants absorb carbon dioxide from the air and moisture from the soil.
9. The emission of gases such as carbon dioxide should be stabilised at their present level.
10. Carbon is an element, while carbon dioxide is a compound.
11. Dissolved carbon dioxide makes the water more acidic.
12. Industrialized countries must reduce carbon dioxide emissions.
13. How is carbon dioxide formed?
14. Humans take in oxygen and breathe out carbon dioxide.
15. Coke burns with oxygen to give carbon dioxide.
16. You can liquefy the carbon dioxide to separate it from the other constituents.
17. The lime water has turned cloudy, therefore carbon dioxide has been produced during the experiment.
18. Leaves of many plants take up carbon dioxide and fix it in organic acids.
19. Plants and trees filter carbon dioxide out of the air and produce oxygen.
20. A molecule of carbon dioxide has one carbon atom and two oxygen atoms.
21. A spokesperson commented that levels of carbon dioxide were very high.
22. Reducing levels of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is of critical importance.
23. When water comes into contact with air, carbon dioxide is released.
23. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and make good sentences.
24. The amount of carbon dioxide released by human activities such as burning coal and oil is small in comparison.
25. Carbon dioxide is produced in huge amounts when fossil fuels are burned.
26. Through this incision, the abdominal cavity is distended with carbon dioxide gas.
27. The increased use of natural gas will help reduce carbon dioxide emissions.
28. Microbes decompose organic waste into a mixture of methane and carbon dioxide.
29. Under normal circumstances, these two gases react readily to produce carbon dioxide and water.
30. Mars has an insubstantial atmosphere, consisting almost entirely of carbon dioxide.
More similar words: carbon, carbon cycle, carbohydrate, taxidermy, harbour, bourbon, harbor, yearbook, pearl harbor, bond, bonds, bona fide, compendious, cardiovascular, recondite, condiment, on display, condition, conditions, conditional, undivided, unconditionally, correspondingly, corresponding to, air conditioning, preponderance of evidence, card-carrying, toxic, side by side, noxious.