Similar words: brush, obliquely, fuel, brutal, abrupt, square, squad, squeeze. Meaning: adv. in a blunt direct manner.
Random good picture Not show
1. 'What's your name?' he asked brusquely.
2. "It's only a sprain," Paula said brusquely.
3. Fujisaki brusquely turned him down, but the judge said Baker could ask the jurors about Caraway after the verdict.
4. Some one brusquely pulled the headscarf down over her face, stifling her cry, cutting off her vision.
5. He moved past her brusquely and went through into the cockpit.
6. It could be said as brusquely of Iago that he is just a wrecker.
7. The captain invited us brusquely to sit on a bench before the table and hurried out of a side door.
8. He cut off the laughing brusquely with a gesture.
9. He said it brusquely to build himself up again.
10. Then brusquely his tardy rage flamed up.
11. He backs against the piano and bows brusquely.
12. She asking questions so brusquely and giving orders so decisively Pork's eyebrows went up in mystification.
13. There was a laugh which he cut off brusquely with a gesture.
14. She was brusquely marched by Geonosian warriors into a circle of Jedi survivors to await execution.
14. Sentencedict.com try its best to gather and create good sentences.
15. He came over and began to upbraid Sherif, brusquely waving his hands.
16. "I simply haven't got time to deal with the problem today, " she said brusquely.
17. According to Mead, the Mundugumor regard children as a great inconvenience and treat them brusquely.
18. This is no mere hearsay, have itgood authority that any dissenting opinions are brusquely pushed aside.
19. True, Roach's beautifully dry voice peters out in Packing For Mars ' brusquely hokey conclusion; "Let's go out and play, " she writes.