Random good picture Not show
1. Bob Ewell spat contemptuously right in the lawyer's face.
2. 'You!' he snorted contemptuously.
3. He dismissed my argument contemptuously as not worth refuting.
4. His lips curled contemptuously.
5. The waiter smiled contemptuously at anyone who didn't know which wine to order.
6. He contemptuously hurled the notice-board into a ravine.
7. She contemptuously dismissed their complaints.
8. Wilcox grunted contemptuously,[sentencedict.com] as if he had expected no better.
9. I stared at him contemptuously and he looked away.
10. Human beings, especially when contemptuously or as a mob.
11. It doesn't pay to strike back contemptuously at them.
12. "A deal!" she said contemptuously, "I hate all deals."
13. The word "placeman" is often used contemptuously.
14. " They would,'said Scarlett contemptuously.
15. She murmured contemptuously when her flush had died away.
16. Bozo contemptuously pointed out an old white-bearded screever fifty yards away.
17. The philosopher replied rather contemptuously , I am Diogenes , the Cynic.
18. She smiled at him and he said contemptuously, " You got more ham than a hog. "
19. "That is to say, " cried Marianne contemptuously , "he has told you, that in the East Indies the climate is hot, and the mosquitoes are troublesome. "
20. James's Chronicle wrote contemptuously of " a foolish, obstinate, and unrelenting King. "
21. " Oxford , New Mexico,'snorted Tom contemptuously, " or something like that. "
22. They looked at me contemptuously and I can see why.
23. I heard my husband querying in my mind contemptuously, witheringly.
24. The government padlocked conspicuous restaurants and resorts where the laws have been contemptuously defied.
25. He didn't believe her, as he made abundantly clear by looking contemptuously down his straight nose at her.
26. It will be hard for him to back up those claims now that they have been contemptuously dismissed by Dintilhac.
27. They were tied with white ribbons, as if, she thought contemptuously, I were a silly young girl.
28. " I have observed his face! " repeated madame, contemptuously and angrily.
29. I suppose he will be awfully proud , and that I shall be treated most contemptuously.
30. If a wooer came she gave him some riddle to guess, and if he could not guess it, he was sent contemptuously away.
More similar words: contemptuous, contempt, sumptuous, presumptuous, tempestuous, contemplate, contemporary, voluptuous, sensuously, consciously, contretemps, subconsciously, continuous, contentious, tempt, attempt, virtuous, caveat emptor, obviously, raucously, furiously, dubiously, anxiously, previously, notoriously, anomalously, voraciously, fortuitously, courageously, laboriously.