Synonym: climb, go to, mount, rise. Antonym: descend. Similar words: ascent, nascent, descend, condescend, transcendent, ascetic, ascertain, asceticism. Meaning: [ə'send] v. 1. travel up, "We ascended the mountain" 2. go back in order of genealogical succession 3. become king or queen 4. go along towards (a river's) source 5. slope upwards 6. come up, of celestial bodies.
Random good picture Not show
2. Their inquiries ascend to the antiquity.
3. The path started to ascend more steeply.
4. The stairs in the Five-Star hotel ascend in a graceful curve.
5. The path started to ascend more steeply at this point.
6. Then we ascend steeply through forests of rhododendron.
6. Sentencedict.com try its best to gather and create good sentences.
7. Without a word, he began to ascend the stairs.
8. The number of women decreases as you ascend the professional hierarchy.
9. The divers have begun to ascend to the surface of the water.
10. Pihl will become a vice president of Ascend.
11. It had begun to ascend the stairs ... and then the weariness had overcome it.
12. Paul was first to ascend, and the boards shook under him as he gave Junior a hand up.
13. It took about twenty minutes to ascend the 212 steps, but it was worth the effort.
14. Inside, immensely high piers ascend to the vault without any break for capitals.
15. He was turning to ascend the ladder to the engine room when the ship's fire alarm sounded.
16. Finally I leave(sentencedict.com), and even more slowly ascend the remaining stairs.
17. Without a word, the woman began to ascend the stairs.
18. Eight of the 100, including Ascend Communications, make telecommunications equipment.
19. Ascend recently struck a deal to sell equipment to Pac Bell.
20. The octagonal nave piers have no capitals and ascend to carry the reticulated nave vault above.
21. If a jewel falls into the mire, it remains as precious as before; and though dust should ascend to heaven, its former worthlessness will not be altered.
22. Proceed down slope in second field to stile by electricity post, then ascend third field to gate in front of farm.
23. As well as a tree, Hathor was, like Lilith, the ladder on which the righteous could ascend to heaven.
24. Descend steeply from Hor Point to a stile, then ascend to a squeeze gap.
25. Here, the dead were cremated to enable their souls to ascend to the light.
26. A narrow spiral staircase leads up from chamber 2b to 2c; characters must ascend in single file.
27. And the extent of these associative and other processes increases as we ascend the scale of consciousness.
28. Three pairs of dark legs, high-top sneakers at their bottoms, ascend toward heaven.
29. In the future organisations will need experienced people who can ascend the hierarchy.
30. A fellow engineer came to check on the work, and to do so had to ascend on a rope pulley.
More similar words: ascent, nascent, descend, condescend, transcendent, ascetic, ascertain, asceticism, scene, scent, scenery, scenario, senescent, quiescent, adolescent, reminiscent, acquiescence, obsolescence, condescension, phosphorescent, fiasco, ascribe, emasculate, fascinating, habeas corpus, cardiovascular, discern, visceral, Cent., acquiesce.