Synonym: bulky, fat, hefty, laden, weighty. Antonym: light. Similar words: heavily, leave, weave, leave for, leave out, leave off, leave alone, be available. Meaning: ['hevɪ] n. 1. an actor who plays villainous roles 2. a serious (or tragic) role in a play. adj. 1. of comparatively great physical weight or density 2. unusually great in degree or quantity or number 3. of the military or industry; using (or being) the heaviest and most powerful armaments or weapons or equipment 4. marked by great psychological weight; weighted down especially with sadness or troubles or weariness 5. usually describes a large person who is fat but has a large frame to carry it 6. (used of soil) compact and fine-grained 7. darkened by clouds 8. of great intensity or power or force 9. (physics, chemistry) being or containing an isotope with greater than average atomic mass or weight 10. (of an actor or role) being or playing the villain 11. permitting little if any light to pass through because of denseness of matter 12. of relatively large extent and density 13. made of fabric having considerable thickness 14. prodigious 15. full and loud and deep 16. given to excessive indulgence of bodily appetites especially for intoxicating liquors 17. of great gravity or crucial import; requiring serious thought 18. slow and laborious because of weight 19. large and powerful; especially designed for heavy loads or rough work 20. dense or inadequately leavened and hence likely to cause distress in the alimentary canal 21. sharply inclined 22. full of; bearing great weight 23. requiring or showing effort 24. characterized by toilsome effort to the point of exhaustion; especially physical effort 25. lacking lightness or liveliness 26. (of sleep) deep and complete 27. in an advanced stage of pregnancy. adv. slowly as if burdened by much weight.
Random good picture Not show
7. The sun disappeared behind heavy clouds.
8. There was a heavy dew this morning.
9. He has a heavy teaching load this year.
10. Offenders may be liable to a heavy fine.
11. Gosh, the rain is so heavy!
12. She threw a heavy woollen cloak over her shoulders.
13. Several villages have been isolated by the heavy snowfall.
14. Heavy rain and excessive use have impoverished the soil.
15. She was evidently a heavy smoker.
16. The oil company will ship out the heavy equipment.
17. The heavy rain might settle the changeable weather.
18. Heavy drinking can cause permanent damage to the brain.
19. They crush the olives with a heavy wooden press.
20. The same heavy, brooding silence descended on them.
21. The sweet food lay heavy on my stomach.
22. The sound of the heavy footsteps awoke the watchdog.
23. He is always ready to take on heavy responsibilities.
24. The suitcase is fairly heavy.
25. Lake Erie is filling with the heavy rain.
26. After a heavy rain,(sentencedict.com/heavy.html) the country roads were souped.
27. The heavy coach is dragging along.
28. His shoulders can bear a heavy load.
29. The little village was overdropped by heavy clouds.