Synonym: dry, thirsty. Similar words: arched, war chest, researcher, archeological, part and parcel, march, starch, anarchy. Meaning: ['pɑrtʃt /'pɑːt-] adj. 1. dried out by heat or excessive exposure to sunlight 2. toasted or roasted slightly.
Random good picture Not show
1) The lack of rain had parched the land.
2) He raised the water bottle to his parched lips.
3) The parched soil drank in the rain.
4) I must get a drink - I'm absolutely parched!
5) I am parched with the heat.
6) Give me a drink I'm parched.
7) The grass parched up in summer.
8) She licked her parched lips.
9) Let's get a drink-I'm parched.
10) The road winds for miles through parched earth,[http://sentencedict.com/parched.html] scrub and cactus.
11) She put her water bottle to his parched lips.
12) Her feet ached, her mouth was parched.
13) The grass they always lay on parched yellow.
14) Hot winds parched the crops.
15) Puddles were forming on the parched earth.
16) Between the mounds the soil was parched.
17) Her tongue felt parched for a cool drink.
18) The eyes were open, the mouth parched and breathless.
19) Give me a sip of that, I'm parched.
20) The parched remnants were, for Roosevelt[sentencedict.com], a stark object lesson in the need for animal protection.
21) The earth was so parched that there were huge cracks in it.
22) When finally I made the summit, my throat parched, my thigh muscles trembling, the herb woman was waiting.
23) Phil raised a glass of water to his parched lips.
24) His mouth was parched with expectation and from the whisky of the night before.
25) Having a parched nose and throat may lower resistance to colds, croup, sinusitis and respiratory problems.
26) It was the height of summer and the land was parched and brown.
27) There is sun, heavy silence, a pervasive scent of parched vegetation, a lizard materialized on a rock.
28) Strong winds and high temperatures fueled dozens of fires in parched Oregon.
29) Everyone on the site seemed to be out of doors, pottering round their tiny gardens, or lolling on the parched grass.
30) Suddenly the South Lawn no longer looked stately and green, just hot and parched.
More similar words: arched, war chest, researcher, archeological, part and parcel, march, starch, anarchy, monarchy, research, architect, oligarchy, patriarch, patriarchy, in search of, patriarchal, schedule, poached, quenched, architecture, crunched, attached, parcel, bewitched, on schedule, entrenched, wretchedness, behind schedule, ahead of schedule, porch.