Synonym: storm, violence. Similar words: tempestuous, tempera, intemperate, temperature, temperamental, tempt, pestilential, temple. Meaning: ['tempɪst] n. 1. a violent commotion or disturbance 2. (literary) a violent wind.
Random good picture Not show
1. The tempest beats against the house.
2. I hadn't foreseen the tempest my request would cause.
3. He won a tempest of applause when he ended his speech.
4. Haley dismissed the lawsuit as a tempest in a teapot.
5. The sailors took in sail when the tempest was approaching.
6. Everything swept so clean By tempest(http://sentencedict.com/tempest.html), wind and rain!
7. The tempest may not be entirely over.
8. They choked on the dirt gathered by the tempest, wiping it from their eyes as they ran.
9. They met the same tempest of shell, grape, canister, and musketry, and recoiled.
10. She would have welcomed a raging tempest or a blistering drought - anything to relieve the endless tedium of her situation.
11. The screaming tempest whipped into the house[Sentencedict.com], hurling furniture twenty feet into the air.
12. Mr Tempest said he was sorry to receive the news but glad he had taken the trouble to inquire.
13. They laughed at the tempest.
14. The frolicsome tempest baffled all its efforts.
15. No tempest is capable of shattering his firm determination.
16. Her anger was unreasonable, a tempest in a teapot.
17. The wind grew to a tempest.
18. A tempest had put paid to their efforts.
19. The Tempest was William Shakespeare's swan song in 1612.
20. The takeover provoked a tempest of criticism.
21. The tempest drove the ship on the rocks.
22. The tempest seems to be calming down.
23. How can TEMPEST or MISSILE COMMAND compare with Beethoven's Fifth Symphony, Michelangelo's Pieta, or Hemingway's A Farewell To Arms?
24. It was a marvelous night with a tempest to rouse the gods.
25. The furious tempest drove over and round us, flinging the boat this way and that.
26. On Capitol Hill, senators today appear to view the matter as something of a tempest in a teapot.
27. This fully-restored cowling was destined for use on the Tempest IIs that Autokraft are restoring.
28. Meanwhile, the indestructible burial mound would shrug off the tempest like a great, ageless whale.
29. In September, Whittingham broke his own mark, pedaling the Varna Tempest to a top speed of 82.819 mph.
30. The recent return of the Sun King, Kael'thas Sunstrider, fresh from his defeat in Tempest Keep, has brought the Burning Legion to Azeroth, and Kalecgos has been taken as their slave.
More similar words: tempestuous, tempera, intemperate, temperature, temperamental, tempt, pestilential, temple, emperor, attempt, tempura, contempt, temporal, temporary, temporarily, contemplate, contretemps, contemptuous, contemporary, self-contempt, caveat emptor, contemptuously, pipes, manifest destiny, item, stem, system, impel, whimper, compel.