Synonym: dangle, fluctuate, hang, lurch, reel, rock, roll, sway. Similar words: in full swing, wing, swimming, owing to, drawing, following, switch, win. Meaning: [swɪŋ] n. 1. a state of steady vigorous action that is characteristic of an activity 2. mechanical device used as a plaything to support someone swinging back and forth 3. a sweeping blow or stroke 4. changing location by moving back and forth 5. a style of jazz played by big bands popular in the 1930s; flowing rhythms but less complex than later styles of jazz 6. a jaunty rhythm in music 7. the act of swinging a golf club at a golf ball and (usually) hitting it 8. in baseball; a batter's attempt to hit a pitched ball 9. a square dance figure; a pair of dancers join hands and dance around a point between them. v. 1. move in a curve or arc, usually with the intent of hitting 2. move or walk in a swinging or swaying manner 3. change direction with a swinging motion; turn 4. influence decisively 5. make a big sweeping gesture or movement 6. hang freely 7. hit or aim at with a sweeping arm movement 8. alternate dramatically between high and low values 9. live in a lively, modern, and relaxed style 10. have a certain musical rhythm 11. be a social swinger; socialize a lot 12. play with a subtle and intuitively felt sense of rhythm 13. engage freely in promiscuous sex, often with the husband or wife of one's friends.
Random good picture Not show
1. Let your arms swing as you walk.
2. Ralph gave me some pointers on my golf swing.
3. Her mood could swing rapidly from gloom to exhilaration.
4. The Conservatives suffered an adverse swing of 6%.
5. He deserves to swing for that cruel murder.
6. She plays the clarinet in a swing band.
7. The little lad was playing on the swing.
8. There was a sandpit, a seesaw and a swing in the playground.
9. The swing door will resile automatically after it has been opened.
10. When we arrived, the party was in full swing and the room was abuzz.
11. The game could swing either way .
12. Swing the tennis racquet in one smooth motion.
13. His golf swing is poetry in motion .
14. She pushed her way through the swing doors.
15. When your father comes home, you'll swing for it!
16. You need music to make a party swing.
17. It's never late to mend. Let's swing going.
18. By midnight the end-of-course party was in full swing.
19. He took a swing at my head and missed.
20. You must allow the clubhead to swing freely.
21. His mood could swing from joy to despair.
22. This represents a swing of 14% towards Labour.
23. The children took turns on the swing.
24. The party went with a swing.
25. The Festival always goes with a swing.
26. Voting showed a 10% swing to the Opposition.
27. Give Sarah a turn on the swing.
27. Sentencedict.com try its best to gather and make good sentences.
28. He accidentally found that the desk clock did not swing its pendulum.
29. Campaign leaders were caught flat-footed when the opinion polls suddenly started to swing the other way.
30. the best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch swing with,never say a word,and then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you've ever had.