Synonym: ease, easiness, liberalisation, liberalization, loosening, relaxation behavior, relaxation method, repose, rest, slackening. Similar words: relation, correlation, relationship, in relation to, foreign relations, vexation, subluxation, relax. Meaning: [‚rɪːlæk'seɪʃn] n. 1. (physiology) the gradual lengthening of inactive muscle or muscle fibers 2. (physics) the exponential return of a system to equilibrium after a disturbance 3. a feeling of refreshing tranquility and an absence of tension or worry 4. an occurrence of control or strength weakening 5. freedom from activity (work or strain or responsibility) 6. a method of solving simultaneous equations by guessing a solution and then reducing the errors that result by successive approximations until all the errors are less than some specified amount 7. the act of making less strict.
Random good picture Not show
(1) I play golf for relaxation.
(2) For relaxation he turns to tennis.
(3) Pat teaches evening classes in yoga and relaxation.
(4) Try to keep a balance between work and relaxation.
(5) Some people take up yoga to aid relaxation.
(6) I play the piano for relaxation.
(7) She listens to classical music for relaxation.
(8) Relaxation exercises can free your body of tension.
(9) He daubed away for relaxation.
(10) I go hill-walking for relaxation.
(11) I cannot allow any relaxation in/of the rules.
(12) Fishing is his favourite relaxation.
(13) He goes to relaxation class.
(14) A few moments of relaxation can work wonders.
(15) I go fishing for relaxation.
(16) Sewing is relaxation for some[Sentence dictionary], purgatory for others.
(17) This practical guidebook teaches you about relaxation, coping skills, and time management.
(18) He needs more time off duty for relaxation and rest.
(19) Students need to have time for relaxation and cultural activities , as well as for academic work.
(20) This relaxation technique can serve as an effective weapon against stress.
(21) The minister has consistently opposed any relaxation in the law.
(22) A relaxation session may put you in a better frame of mind.
(23) Financiers are calling for a relaxation of these stringent measures.
(24) The word " armchair " has connotations of comfort and relaxation.
(25) It enabled students to devote more time to their studies, or to be more accurate, more time to relaxation.
(26) You should be able to find the odd moment for relaxation.
(27) It was the only place for off - duty relaxation.
(28) Astanga Yoga is a therapeutic physical exercise that focuses on breathing and relaxation.
(29) Meditation allows you to enter a state of deep relaxation .
(30) The treatment for people addicted to tranquillizers includes training in stress management and relaxation techniques.
More similar words: relation, correlation, relationship, in relation to, foreign relations, vexation, subluxation, relax, relaxed, elation, revelation, elaboration, relegation, relative, relatively, correlative, proportional representation, ratification, gratification, acclimatization, ration, nation, station, oration, ovation, ablation, zonation, equation, location, negation.