Synonym: cushion, deaden, dull, mute, silence, smother, soften, stifle, suppress. Similar words: muffled, ruffle, shuffle, scuffle, muff, muffin, waffle, baffle. Meaning: ['mʌfl] n. a kiln with an inner chamber for firing things at a low temperature. v. 1. conceal or hide 2. deaden (a sound or noise), especially by wrapping.
Random good picture Not show
1. Blake held his handkerchief over the mouthpiece to muffle his voice.
2. The house's windows are double-glazed to muffle the noise of aircraft.
3. He did his utmost to muffle his feelings.
4. You'd better muffle up, it's cold outside.
5. Muffle up, boys! We need quiet here.
6. I put my hand over my mouth to muffle my words, so only my friend could hear.
7. He tried to muffle the alarm clock by putting it under his pillow.
8. These muffle market signals and keep too many loss-making factories in business.
9. A heavily padded bank account tends to muffle the most obnoxious burping.
10. They might muffle his body and cover his face as they would, but they could not hide Harry Talvace from Aelis.
11. She knows how to muffle herself up well.
12. Mother made an effort to muffle her emotions.
13. Muffle cat catch no mice.
14. Muffle up at the back there!
15. Please muffle yourself up well.
16. Surface characteristics of cokes from thermogravimetric apparatus and muffle burner were described.
17. The link conveyor type heat treating furnace without muffle is a new developed furnace in China.
18. Results The difference of temperature of the muffle oven was proportio...
19. My blossom - printed pillow does little to muffle my mother's screams.
20. Muffle up there,[Sentencedict.com] and give me a chance to say something.
21. If Fen entered the galley for any reason, the curtain was not sufficient barrier to muffle the sound of sobbing.
22. He dragged her into the car, putting his hand over her mouth to muffle her screams.
23. This method serves a dual function - it will absorb irregularities in the existing floorboards, and also muffle sound.
24. She laughed hysterically, jamming her fingers into her mouth to muffle the sound.
25. You would hear love's faint murmur, but when love shouts you would muffle your ears.
26. He made my husband take my best petticoat to muffle the oars.
27. Verify the accuracy of the measuring and controlling circuitry of the muffle furnace by checking the positions in the furnace at the control set point temperature of intended use.
28. Red Lead Red lead is made by calcining litharge in a muffle furnace.
29. To introduce the reform of the oil burning heating steel wire muffle.
30. We also have equipment and multi-purpose electronic resistivity automatic cryoscope and so on muffle furnace, electricity heat drum wind drying oven.