Synonym: on one's guard, on your guard, upon one's guard. Similar words: guard, square, quarter, ring up, hung up, hang up, anguish, bring up. Meaning: adj. vigilant.
Random good picture Not show
1. Two soldiers must be on guard all night.
2. Put none but Americans on guard tonight.
3. Several police officers were on guard outside the factory.
4. Police were on guard at Barnet town hall.sentencedict .com
5. Who was on guard the night the fire broke out?
6. He is constantly on guard against any threat of humiliation.
7. The rancher must always be on guard against the dangers that nature can create.
8. Hogan was on guard the night the prisoners escaped.
9. Government should always be on guard against that danger.
10. Anyway after that he put Raimundo on guard with a gun.
11. Two sentries armed with sword and halberd stood on guard.
12. The lone, unarmed, constable on guard could only close the polling station.
13. Eleven thousand policeman and five thousand soldiers are on guard throughout the city for the duration.
14. Itsukushima On guard against the harbour fish, a dozen anglers line the quay.
15. Women in particular should be on guard against apologizing for themselves indirectly by this sort of tentative behaviour.
16. Soldiers were placed on guard outside newspapers and broadcasting offices.
17. Thus the two men on guard duty were not excited by the unhurried approach of a pair of dimmed headlights.
18. Remaining on guard[sentencedict.com], the soldiers advised the black population to stay indoors.
19. And officers - some armed - were put on guard at Aylesbury police station.
20. The soldier bargained that he should not have to go on guard on Sundays.
21. Bill slept a little until he was awakened to take his turn on guard.
22. Their eggs are also laid on moist ground and the males crouch beside them on guard.
23. One of my less distinguished military experiences came when I fell asleep on guard duty.
24. Once they were on the floor their feet were bound and somebody was left on guard beside them.
25. It was the little radio that they listened to while they were on guard.
26. Detectives feared he was out for revenge and armed police were put on guard at police stations.
27. He pretends a great liking for Chevalier de La Luzerne, but one should be on guard against his fine claims.
28. This is a legacy of suffering that we have to be on guard against.
29. I did not know as yet that ogres stand on guard before the portal of an heiress.
30. Several of the men were lashed for falling asleep on guard duty.