Synonym: big, greathearted, large. Similar words: magna carta, magnet, magnetic, magnitude, anima, animism, animate, pregnant. Meaning: [mæg'nænɪməs] adj. 1. noble and generous in spirit 2. generous and understanding and tolerant.
Random good picture Not show
(1) He is a leader who is magnanimous in victory.
(2) Arsenal's manager was magnanimous in victory, and praised the losing team.
(3) I was prepared to be magnanimous, prepared to feel compassion for him.
(4) He was magnanimous in defeat and praised his opponent's skill.
(5) This might seem excessively saintly and magnanimous.
(6) It was a magnanimous gesture on their part.
(7) He is a magnanimous person.
(8) Unselfish or magnanimous lies serve as sort of social lubricant; injurious or malicious lies show the worst of human deception and cunning. Dr T.P.Chia
(9) In a magnanimous fit of estate planning, Cook elects to divide the farm between his three daughters.
(10) But that is pretty magnanimous of him, given the large majority who voted for him rather than for Bush.
(11) When they were feeling more magnanimous, the new managers defined administration as a secondary, yet essential, managerial function.
(12) A magnanimous gesture from the founders of the Open Software Foundation is needed now to heal any lingering breeches in the industry.
(13) Instead he was extremely magnanimous towards Anna which irritated her further, and made her repulsed by everything to do with him.
(14) Mr Clinton is likely to be magnanimous in his attitude to Mr Major.
(15) He was a man capable of magnanimous gestures.
(16) Ever so magnanimous of you under the circumstances!
(17) They are original, magnanimous(sentencedict.com), and wise.
(18) What magnanimous fellows we are!
(19) As a man, you should be tolerant and magnanimous.
(20) He says,[Sentencedict.com] A man should be more magnanimous and gentlemanly.
(21) Learn the tolerance of Maitreya Bodhisattva, be magnanimous and open - minded.
(22) It was very magnanimous of you to overlook his rude behavior.
(23) Her temper was magnanimous, but warm and sudden; her spirit altogether unbending.
(24) The blue baby can turnover Jianghai, magnanimous, is overwhelmed with emotion drunk by the monster mirror floats but actually in the poisonous water jar.
(25) It was representative of the whole day: accomplished speakers chased answers to magnanimous questions.
(26) Mrs Aquino now has to decide whether she should be magnanimous in victory or punish those behind the mutiny.
(27) At second hand we could have enjoyed the thrill of dangerous living or shown magnanimous sympathy with the victims of oppression.
(28) In the face of all kinds attention and canard , I think keeping pudicity in the harmonious entironment and keep nobleness in the magnanimous heart.
(29) But, I am sure that he is capable of good things, gentle things, even magnanimous things.
(30) Sato privately expressed " deep gratitude " to Nixon for this " magnanimous " decision to return Okinawa.
More similar words: magna carta, magnet, magnetic, magnitude, anima, animism, animate, pregnant, animation, exanimate, pregnancy, malignant, indignant, timorous, equanimity, repugnance, indignantly, famous, enormous, anonymous, venomous, pugnacious, acrimony, testimony, mount, diagnose, image, diagnosis, diagnoses, homage.