Random good picture Not show
1. He used a knife instead of chopsticks.
2. Let's reason the matter out instead of quarreling.
3. Will you go to the party instead of me?
4. Focus on small goals instead of big ones.
5. You probably picked up my keys instead of yours.
6. We took a cross-country route instead of the motorway.
7. Try to laugh at it instead of getting uptight.
8. Shall we have fish instead of meat today?
9. Mr. Lee, instead of the manager, is in charge of this.
10. Instead of catching fish,all he fished out was an old boot.
11. It is advisable that we stay at home instead of going to the movie.
12. Instead of retaliating, he walks away leaving his team-mates to fight it out.
13. They raised prices and cut production, instead of cutting costs.
14. Let' s go for a walk instead of playing video games.
15. Instead of injecting drugs into toes, they mainlined themselves under the tongue.
16. If only she'd been called 'Camilla' or 'Flavia' instead of the prosaic 'Jane'.
17. Instead of complaining about it, I'm just gonna go in every day and give it my all.
18. Instead of simply punishing them, the system encourages offenders to modify their behaviour.
19. Instead of working hard at her lessons, Mary spends her time building a castle in the air.
20. It maddens me that she was chosen instead of me!
21. Instead of defending traditional values, the church frequently seems weak-kneed and irresolute.
22. If we only had some God in the country's laws, instead of beng in such a sweat to get him into the Constitution,[sentencedict .com] it would be better all around.
23. We were still playing at war — dropping leaflets instead of bombs.
24. The reason why people give up so quickly is because they look at how far they still have to go, instead of how far they have come.
25. Centrifugal machines are connected to the motor drive directly instead of through a gearbox.
26. When we bought our house, we did our own conveyancing instead of using a lawyer.
27. He just breezed in as if he'd only been away a day instead of ten years.
28. The government wants more people to use public transport instead of private cars.
29. Because it is in an enterprise zone, taxes on non-food items are 3.5% instead of the usual 7%.
30. This portable device enables deaf people to telephone the hospital by typing a message instead of speaking.
More similar words: ahead of, head office, steady, ahead of time, steadily, in step, ahead of schedule, a load of, head on, steam, steak, spread out, install, instant, instinct, against, monster, instruct, instance, instantly, mainstream, instructor, for instance, instrument, instruction, installation, institution, fight against, institutional, instructional.