Random good picture Not show
1. The words 'so' and 'sew' are homophones.
2. Two words are homophones if they are pronounced the same way but differ in meaning or spelling or both.
3. That is to say, it includes homophones and homophonic phrases.
4. The number of homophones is increased by allowing reduced pronunciations.
5. Although we could not remove all homophones, we could treat differently certain classes of words which are frequently accessed erroneously.
6. If such effects were included, the number of homophones would probably be still greater.
7. The rhetorical device-pun intentionally uses homophone ( phonogram ) and polysemous words which can possible generate equivocality in order to punningly express what the speaker is really driving at.
8. Drinking cup (beiju) is a homophone for "tragedy" in Chinese, while toothbrush cup (xiju) is homophone for "comedy".
9. No matter it is a homophone (phonogram) or a polysemous word, the point of the speaker is not the "similarity" but the equivocality.
10. They represent the set of minimal units required to uniquely specify a word, with the exception of homophones.
11. It would be possible, though extremely limiting, to exclude all homophones.
12. Cognate in common use is considered phonetic loan characters, which include substitute of homophone.
13. Phonology played an role early in Chinese reading and homophone errors more easily than non - homophone ones.
14. There are close relations among Chinese language taboo,(sentencedict.com) admiration and homophone.
15. In the process of studying English, it is likely to confuse homograph, homonym, and homophone.
16. A great number of culture - loaded words concerning color, symbol, appellation, religion and homophone are in use.
17. Simplified Chinese to Pin-Yin Conversion Library – This class library enables developers to retrieve the polyphone, homophone, Pinyin and stroke count properties of Simplified Chinese characters.
18. It is an introductory to the rhyme , the pronunciation and homophone in Ziyang Town.
More similar words: cacophony, microphone, phone, homograph, phony, homosexual, loophole, siphon off, telephone, telephony, xenophobia, mobile phone, acrophobia, hydrophobia, claustrophobia, claustrophobic, phosphorescent, cosmopolitan, whom, home, honor, homage, at home, honour, no more, homeland, sophism, trophy, promote, homeless.