Antonym: degrade. Similar words: promotion, remote, protest, protein, prompt, protection, protective, compromise. Meaning: [prə'məʊt] v. 1. contribute to the progress or growth of 2. give a promotion to or assign to a higher position 3. make publicity for; try to sell (a product) 4. be changed for a superior chess or checker piece 5. change a pawn for a king by advancing it to the eighth row, or change a checker piece for a more valuable piece by moving it the row closest to your opponent.
Random good picture Not show
1. The government should do more to promote sustainable agriculture.
2. We need to promote an open exchange of ideas and information.
3. An industrial estate will help to promote the business of that city.
4. a meeting to promote trade between Taiwan and the U.K.
5. If you promote our goods, we will give you a good discount as our part of the bargain.
6. The association works to promote the status of retired people as useful members of the community.
7. You don't have to sacrifice environmental protection to promote economic growth.
7. Sentencedict.com try its best to gather and make good sentences.
8. We need to do more to promote good race relations.
9. The government's policies will promote the welfare of all citizens.
10. He was in town to promote his new books.
11. Is it ethical to promote cigarettes through advertising?
12. The aim is to promote closer economic integration.
13. She's in London to promote her new book.
14. He did this to promote American exports.
15. Promote physical culture and build up the people's health.
16. We must promote commerce with neighbouring countries.
17. The government must promote racial equality.
18. The government seeks to promote non-proliferation and disarmament.
19. The organization works to promote the trade between nations.
20. The Church tries to promote racial harmony.
21. We should promote environmentally aware and responsible science.
22. The organizationworks to promote friendship between nations.
23. We must promote originality and encourage innovation.
24. The band has gone on tour to promote their new album.
25. They wish to promote a real and effectual understanding between the two countries.
26. The aim of the culture festival is to promote friendship between the two countries.
27. Some types of antibiotic are used to promote growth in farm animals.
28. Advertising companies are always having to think up new ways to promote products.
29. Cutting the bush back in the autumn will help promote vigorous growth in the spring.
30. Paul Weller has announced a full British tour to promote his second solo album.
More similar words: promotion, remote, protest, protein, prompt, protection, protective, compromise, promising, prominent, environmental protection, no more, mother, no more than, automobile, motor, motive, motion, mothering, note, grandmother, motivate, quote, voter, devote, vote in, notebook, take note of, from, potentially.