Synonym: mike. Similar words: acrophobia, cacophony, microchip, microscope, microcomputer, microscopically, claustrophobic, phone. Meaning: ['maɪkrəfəʊn] n. device for converting sound waves into electrical energy.
Random good picture Not show
1. The interviewer asked her to speak into/use the microphone.
2. She spoke confidently into the microphone.
3. Hold the microphone in a firm grip and keep it still.
4. John Peel is back behind the microphone for a new series.
5. The microphone converts acoustic waves to electrical signals for transmission.
6. We need a microphone so that people in the back can hear us.
7. The photographer tripped over a lead, wrenching a microphone from its stand.
8. His accident with the microphone brought some welcome comic relief to a very dull party.
9. The lead singer was prancing around with the microphone.
10. My laptop has a built-in microphone.
11. Her microphone was forever getting caught on her clothes.
12. This type of microphone is suitable for general use.
13. He adjusted the microphone stand.
14. She dipped her head and spoke into the microphone.
15. The microphone was wired to a loudspeaker.
16. Just speak naturally and pretend the microphone isn't there.
17. He clipped the microphone to his collar.
18. Abigail walked to the microphone, poised and confident.
19. Make sure you're speaking directly into the microphone.
20. Hold the microphone in a firm grip.
21. Speak clearly into the microphone.
22. A microphone was clipped to his tie.
23. He gave a tap at the microphone before speaking.
24. She behaved naturally before the microphone.
25. She was sitting ten feet away from the microphone.
26. The microphone was making a strange whistling sound.
27. Get close to the microphone.
28. He grabbed my microphone and we tussled over that.
29. The microphone was cunningly concealed in the bookcase.
30. He wore a hidden microphone to secretly tape-record conversations.
More similar words: acrophobia, cacophony, microchip, microscope, microcomputer, microscopically, claustrophobic, phone, phony, ludicrous, loophole, siphon off, telephone, telephony, crop, mobile phone, prophetic, crops, crop up, economic recovery, catastrophically, phosphorescent, sophism, honor, honour, touch on, honestly, catch on, philosophy, switch on.