Synonym: bonanza, boom, bunce, godsend, gold rush, manna from heaven, windfall. Similar words: gravity, gravely, aggravate, heavy, brave, crave, raving, ravine. Meaning: ['greɪvɪ] n. 1. basically the juices that drip from cooking meats 2. a sudden happening that brings good fortune (as a sudden opportunity to make money).
Random good picture Not show
1. He drowned his meal in gravy.
2. The meat is being swum in gravy.
3. Use flour to thicken the gravy.
4. For a thicker gravy, add more flour.
5. Use this spoon to help the gravy.
6. There was a smear of gravy on his chin.
7. Use the juices of the meat to make gravy.
8. Privatization is not always the gravy train that governments promise.
9. Prepare the gravy mixture.
10. Mashed potatoes with canned gravy, no meat.
11. Wavy Gravy is the only living ice cream flavor.
12. Serve with sausages or mushroom gravy.
13. Two veg and Oxo gravy is not my style.
14. Gravy is made fresh from boiled turkey bones.
15. If he succeeds,(sentencedict.com/gravy.html) it is all gravy.
16. Is this gravy thick enough?
17. Serve with horseradish cream sauce, Yorkshire pudding and gravy.
18. Bring gravy to a full boil before serving.
19. The gravy calls for cream and freshly grated nutmeg.
20. My steak arrived, smothered in onions and gravy.
21. This gravy gets its flavor from dried mushroom and browned flour.
22. Aunt Tossie put the long-handled gravy spoon back in the napkin-swathed pudding bowl and waited in happy expectation for the sea-kale.
23. Smothered with gravy, garnished with unspeakable, uneatable edenwort and okra.
24. Anything on top of eight percent profit is just gravy for the industry.
25. We were disgusted when bosses awarded themselves a massive pay rise. How can they get on the gravy train, but ask us to take a wage freeze?
26. Banking and financial services produce very high earnings, and a lot of people are trying to get onto the gravy train.
27. Reheat foods to 165 degrees F, or until hot and steaming; bring gravy to a boil.
28. A grease-smeared youth answered the door, accompanied by a gust of rock music and an aroma of gravy.
29. Every spice, every piece of garlic or onion is expected to disappear in the gravy.
30. In the late 30s baked beans were available both in brine and in gravy.