Antonym: saltwater. Similar words: fresh, refresh, freshman, freshness, refreshing, refreshment, water, by water. Meaning: n. water that is not salty.
Random good picture Not show
1. These parasites infest the gills of freshwater fish.
2. Coal is formed from the remains of freshwater plants.
3. The perch is a freshwater fish.
4. Both marine and freshwater varieties of fish are farmed.
5. Marshes and freshwater margins; often perches in trees.
6. Consider the shell of the freshwater snail.
7. The soils are developed on freshwater alluvium.
8. You can find freshwater ones in most streams simply by dropping in a piece of raw meat or liver.
9. The Origin uses freshwater bears and flying fish to make a case that applies to all forms of life.
10. The invertebrates include quite large creatures, such as freshwater shrimps and crayfish.
11. Simply keep them in a separate freshwater container and add to the marine tank as necessary for food.
12. A fifth of all freshwater fish are either extinct or endangered.
13. Although most of the levels are freshwater, some are brackish in their more southerly parts.
14. Thus, the flow of life from freshwater to brine is compressed into talking distance.
15. Reels: A freshwater spinning reel with 6-pound-test line for the bait unit.
16. I have found freshwater dips for Marine fish effective at clearing flukes from infected fish.
17. Breeds by freshwater streams and lakes and sheltered inlets of the sea; in winter mainly by fresh water.
18. It is a often a nursery for fish species that normally live in the separate worlds of freshwater rivers or the sea.
19. Of this, 4 million cubic kilometres is a reasonable estimate for the freshwater we could extract.
20. Perch, Salmon, Pike and Eel; regional specialities from the freshwater fish are perfect accompaniment to the wines of Anjou.
21. Test for toxicity with a few Daphnia in the container, as they are more sensitive to toxins than most freshwater fish.
22. Only 1 percent of the world is covered by freshwater.
23. They were also able to survive because of a large freshwater pond.
24. There is some evidence that low salinities induced by freshwater may result in physiological damage to corals.
25. The rising ocean and the frequent storms would also endanger freshwater resources all along the east coast without large-scale sea defences.
25. Wish you can benefit from our online sentence dictionary and make progress day by day!
26. Pearls Of the two main sources of pearls those from marine molluscs have always been preferred to those from freshwater.
27. Set on the promenade, opposite the beach, the hotel has its own freshwater swimming pool with poolside bar.
28. The pollution of lakes and rivers has reduced the supply of freshwater fish.
29. For one thing, marine fishes are usually larger than the freshwater tropicals kept in home aquariums.
30. These toxic materials are washed down rivers into lakes and oceans, contributing to freshwater and marine extinctions.
More similar words: fresh, refresh, freshman, freshness, refreshing, refreshment, water, by water, waterway, watershed, waterfall, seawater, hold water, wastewater, waterspout, water vapor, watermelon, watering can, groundwater, boiling water, get into hot water, extraterrestrial, foreshadow, threshold, foreshorten, fresco, freedom of the press, free enterprise, interest, interested.