Random good picture Not show
1. There are fears that groundwater might become contaminated.
2. We are still worried about the groundwater mystery, however.
3. Most of Nichols' farm is enriched through pumped groundwater or private river water that he buys at just two-thirds that price.
4. As a result, the groundwater overdraft, instead of being alleviated, has gotten worse.
5. An enormous amount of detailed technical evidence on groundwater was presented during consideration of the earlier Bill.
6. For example, if groundwater solutions had dissolved some of the lead produced by uranium decay[sentencedict.com/groundwater.html], the age would be underestimated.
7. Sometimes conventional biological reactors are used to clean-up groundwater and/or contaminated soils.
8. In some new build areas groundwater infiltration to existing sewers is as high as 20 times the dry weather flows.
9. Because of this, many people find groundwater more pleasant to drink than water from rivers and lakes.
10. To take them off groundwater may well mean we have to subsidize them some more.
11. When groundwater flows naturally or is pumped from an unconfined aquifer, it drains from the pores.
12. In Florida, farmers are squaring off against cities for rights to groundwater.
13. Increased consumption of water has led to rapid depletion of groundwater reserves.
14. Zimmerman believes the time has come for Tucsonans to stop relying on groundwater.
15. Afterwards, the city discovered the hazardous substances in the groundwater that threatened the nearby public drinking water supply.
16. Sandstone, for example, can hold very large volumes of groundwater because spaces are formed between the rock's rounded quartz grains.
17. An investigation revealed that the mine was polluting both the air and the groundwater.
18. Ripping out deep-rooted forest vegetation and planting shallow-rooted crops is causing groundwater to rise to the surface.
19. It found evidence of extensive oil pollution of lakes, rivers and groundwater and of the destruction of virgin swamp and forest.
20. They say that because the chalk's porous, dangerous chemicals could seep into groundwater below.
21. Everyone was living off tens of thousands of years of accumulated groundwater, like a spendthrift heir squandering his wealth.
22. And by sinking a well or borehole into an aquifer, groundwater can be pumped to the surface.
23. The chromium, used to prevent pipe corrosion, was released from 1951 until 1966, but lingered in groundwater.
24. The Select Committee that examined the Bill took a very close interest in and sought several undertakings about groundwater.
25. Leivi is particularly worried by the high levels of phosphorous and nitrogen in the animals' droppings, which seep into groundwater.
26. Previous research concentrated on the removal of nitrate that was observed when groundwater conditions change from aerobic to anaerobic.
27. It built the Central Valley Project to rescue the growers from economic suicide by groundwater overdraft.
28. Not surprisingly, this washed into the soil and hence into local groundwater.
29. Also, regulation may prohibit the addition of some nutrients to groundwater - eg nitrate.
30. The Committee concluded that, subject to some important amendments and undertakings relating to groundwater, the Bill should be allowed to proceed.
More similar words: hold water, ground, ungrounded, background, common ground, middle ground, on the grounds of, round and round, round, around, water, round up, all round, round off, come round, surround, go around, get around, all around, waterway, by water, bum around, waterfall, seawater, surrounded, wastewater, surrounding, watermelon, bandwagon, revolve around.