Synonym: banner, droop, fade, pennant, signal, standard, wave, weaken, wilt. Similar words: jet lag, flat, flame, flash, flavor, flare up, inflation, flamboyant. Meaning: [flæg] n. 1. emblem usually consisting of a rectangular piece of cloth of distinctive design 2. plants with sword-shaped leaves and erect stalks bearing bright-colored flowers composed of three petals and three drooping sepals 3. a rectangular piece of fabric used as a signalling device 4. a listing printed in all issues of a newspaper or magazine (usually on the editorial page) that gives the name of the publication and the names of the editorial staff, etc. 5. flagpole used to mark the position of the hole on a golf green 6. stratified stone that splits into pieces suitable as paving stones 7. a conspicuously marked or shaped tail. v. 1. communicate or signal with a flag 2. provide with a flag 3. droop, sink, or settle from or as if from pressure or loss of tautness 4. decorate with flags 5. become less intense.
Random good picture Not show
1) Bare your head when the flag is raised.
2) The flag was aflutter in the air.
3) A flag fluttered from a forty-foot pole.
4) The red flag flaps in the wind.
5) The crew hurried to hoist the flag.
6) The flag was flapping about in the light wind.
7) Every morning the flag is raised on its pole.
8) Some plants flag in hot, dry weather.
9) The flag was flapping around in the light wind.
10) The US flag has fifty stars on it.
11) The flag flaps in the wind.
12) The flag slatted in the wind.
13) There is a maple leaf in Canada's national flag.
14) The flag is only raised when royalty is present.
15) He managed to flag down a passing motorist.
16) The flag was flapping about in the wind.
17) The American flag was flying.
18) Then the rain came and the red flag went up to signal a halt.
19) You hoist a flag when you pull it to the top of its pole.
20) The hotel flies the American flag when it has guests from the US.
21) To muted applause a small flag was raised over the building.
22) Schumacher took the chequered flag to win his fourth Grand Prix of the season.
23) A white flag is used as a token of surrender.
24) The national flag of the United Kingdom is called the Union Jack.
25) They hauled down the enemy's flag when they captured the city.
26) They ran up a flag in honor of the president's visit.
27) The black and white flag went down,(http://sentencedict.com/flag.html) and the race began.
28) The flag hung motionless on its pole.
29) The wind waved the red flag.
30) Every evening at sunset the flag was lowered.