Synonym: brave, confront, countenance, encounter, expression, look, meet, oppose. Antonym: back. Similar words: face to face, surface, face up to, make a face, fact, facto, factor, in fact. Meaning: [feɪs] n. 1. the front of the human head from the forehead to the chin and ear to ear 2. the feelings expressed on a person's face 3. the general outward appearance of something 4. the striking or working surface of an implement 5. a part of a person that is used to refer to a person 6. a surface forming part of the outside of an object 7. the part of an animal corresponding to the human face 8. the side upon which the use of a thing depends (usually the most prominent surface of an object) 9. a contorted facial expression 10. a specific size and style of type within a type family 11. status in the eyes of others 12. impudent aggressiveness 13. a vertical surface of a building or cliff. v. 1. deal with (something unpleasant) head on 2. oppose, as in hostility or a competition 3. be oriented in a certain direction, often with respect to another reference point; be opposite to 4. be opposite 5. turn so as to face; turn the face in a certain direction 6. present somebody with something, usually to accuse or criticize 7. turn so as to expose the face 8. line the edge (of a garment) with a different material 9. cover the front or surface of.
Random good picture Not show
8. Sentencedict.com try its best to collect and build good sentences.
15. In almost every face and every person, they may discover fine feathers and defects, good and bad qualities.
20. Your sunset, my face,who onethird years.
21. Her hair whipped around her face in the wind.
22. The dog jumped up and licked her face.
23. She splashed her face with cold water.
24. She's got a long, thin face.
25. She wiped the sweat from her face.
26. The patient's face twisted up with pain.
27. The ideals which have lighted my way, and time after time have given me new courage to face life cheerfully 19 have been kindness, beauty and truth.
28. To travel through the world it is necessary to have the mouth of hog, the legs of a stag, the eyes of a falcon, the ears of an ass, shoulders of a camel, and the face of an ape, and overplus, a satchel full of money and patience.
More similar words: face to face, surface, face up to, make a face, fact, facto, factor, in fact, facies, pace, faculty, factory, place, space, trace, facility, artifact, palace, replace, embrace, at peace, in place, facilities, facilitate, placement, workplace, in place of, out of place, take place, manufacturer.