Synonym: blow up, burst, erupt. Similar words: exploit, explore, explosion, exploration, explain, explicit, explanation, mode. Meaning: [ɪk'spləʊd] v. 1. cause to burst with a violent release of energy 2. burst outward, usually with noise 3. show a violent emotional reaction 4. be unleashed; emerge with violence or noise 5. destroy by exploding 6. cause to burst as a result of air pressure; of stop consonants like /p/, /t/, and /k/ 7. drive from the stage by noisy disapproval 8. show (a theory or claim) to be baseless, or refute and make obsolete 9. burst and release energy as through a violent chemical or physical reaction;"the bomb detonated at noon" 10. increase rapidly and in an uncontrolled manner.
Random good picture Not show
1. Many boys explode firecrackers on the Fourth of July.
2. A design flaw caused the engine to explode.
3. The chemical is liable to explode on contact with water.
4. I'm about to explode!
5. The continued tension could explode into more violence.
6. Riots may explode at any time.
7. The bomb was timed to explode during the rush-hour.
8. A row over public spending is set to explode.
9. The bomb was primed,(sentencedict.com) ready to explode.
10. The bomb failed to explode.
11. At last, a women's magazine to explode the myth that thin equals beautiful.
12. These are the facts that explode their so-called economic miracle.
13. He told a joke which made Hank explode with laughter.
14. Tension between the two sides could explode at any time.
15. This chemical is liable to explode on contact with water.
16. The programme sets out to explode the myth that some delicate tropical fish are impossible to keep.
17. The bomb must explode within less than a millionth of a second.
17. Wish you can benefit from sentencedict.com and make progress everyday!
18. It was about to explode in her face.
19. Gunpowder can fail to ignite or explode prematurely.
20. It is a time bomb waiting to explode.
21. First, they explode various current myths.
22. His whole body felt as if it would explode.
23. Only three of the devices found did not explode.
24. It is therefore time to explode another myth.
25. The device was thrown at an army patrol but failed to explode.
26. A blast bomb was thrown but the device failed to explode.
27. If you pull the pin out of a hand-grenade, it'll explode.
28. The grenade just near my foot hissed white smoke, but it didn't explode.
29. Since the riot, the city has been a powder keg waiting to explode.
30. Mrs Crump looked as if she was going to explode.