Synonym: improved, preferable, superior. Antonym: worse. Similar words: get the better of, letter, cigarette, matter, mutter, latter, battery, pattern. Meaning: ['betə]n. 1. someone who bets 2. a superior person having claim to precedence 3. the superior one of two alternatives. v. 1. surpass in excellence 2. to make better 3. get better. adj. 1. (comparative of `good') superior to another (of the same class or set or kind) in excellence or quality or desirability or suitability; more highly skilled than another 2. (comparative of `good') changed for the better in health or fitness 3. (comparative and superlative of `well') wiser or more advantageous and hence advisable 4. more than half. adv. 1. comparative of `well'; in a better or more excellent manner or more advantageously or attractively or to a greater degree etc. 2. from a position of superiority or authority.
Random good picture Not show
1. Better lose a jest than a friend.
2. Better deny at once than promise long.
3. Better one suffer, than a nation grieve.
4. One honest word is better than two oaths.
5. Better the foot slip than the tongue trip.
6. An honourable death is better than a disgraceful life.
7. An open enemy is better than a hollow friend.
8. Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven.
9. Better to do well than to say well.
10. Many heads are better than one.
11. Better good neighbours near than relations far away.
12. A little is better than none.
13. Better wear out shoes than sheets.
14. Creditors have better memories than debtors.
15. Poor without debt is better than a prince.
16. Better an empty purse than an empty head.
17. Do well is better than say well.
18. A good fame is better than a good face.
19. It is better to give than to receive.
20. Praise makes good men better(sentencedict.com),[http://Sentencedict.com] and bad men worse.
21. Better die with honour than live with shame.
22. It's better to give than to receive.
23. Better spare at brim than at bottom.
24. Better be half hanged than ill wed.
25. The honest penny is better than the stolen dollar.