Synonym: debris, dust, junk, rubble. Similar words: detriment, detrimental, detract, detractor, metric, aptitude test, ritual, petrify. Meaning: [dɪ'traɪtəs] n. 1. the remains of something that has been destroyed or broken up 2. loose material (stone fragments and silt etc) that is worn away from rocks.
Random good picture Not show
1. The stadium was littered with the detritus of yesterday's rock concert.
2. It prefers a fair amount of nutritious detritus.
3. The room was littered with junk food detritus.
4. But detritus is given no time to accumulate in tropical forests.
5. Therefore a muddy medium with plenty of plant detritus is essential.
5. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find excellent sentences for a large number of words.
6. If the tank bottom contains plenty of plant detritus, this will be readily utilized by the plant.
7. The detritus is deposited in a bag and the water re-circulated, so no topping up is required.
8. There was some street detritus which required more imagination than most.
9. On the street, amid the detritus of modern times, he was unknown.
10. Plant detritus if available is sufficient, but if necessary it can also be nourished by liquid fertiliser.
11. A clay base nourished with plant detritus is also sufficient.
12. I pile the detritus on to the tray and put it outside before straightening the sheets.
13. The usual amount of organic detritus produced by the fish and plants will be sufficient for its growth.
14. In the normal aquarium there is plenty of detritus, usually more than necessary for the plants.
15. Slowly, patiently, silently, over a detritus of cans, wrappers, boxes, papers.
16. The train out to Wembley was packed with the usual Antipodean detritus of Earl's Court.
17. A noisy crew of black-headed gulls is wheeling below the bridge, feeding on the river's detritus.
18. Others claim to aid the filter process by breaking down the detritus helping filter bacteria to get to work.
19. Wild specimens are known to feed predominantly on insect larvae but will also take algae and detritus.
20. Rusted chains hung from roof girders; the floor was concrete, fouled by the windswept detritus of years of abandonment.
21. Therefore unwashed river sand and leaf-mould mixture, or the usual mixture of clay with some organic detritus is suitable.
22. The long roots reach the tank bottom, where the medium should be rich in organic matter, such as plant detritus.
23. When I try and empty my own mind, every bit of detritus in the world sails by.
24. Unluckily, though, the boyos were not interested in such cheap detritus.
25. Cultivation: The ideal growing medium for this species would contain substantial quantities of organic detritus and mud or clay.
26. Cultivation: A medium containing plenty of mud or clay or detritus is essential.
27. Cultivation: The planting medium of mud and sand or a gravel medium with detritus should suffice.
28. Cultivation: Very indifferent to conditions, though it will relish a planting medium consisting of nutritious detritus.
29. In older tanks where the bottom is enriched by detritus, they all do well except for certain kinds with gauze-like leaves.
30. The nationalist leader did something similar with the cultural detritus of the past to create a new national group.
More similar words: detriment, detrimental, detract, detractor, metric, aptitude test, ritual, petrify, get rid of, petrified, obstetrics, trite, ritualistic, pulchritude, spirituality, contrite, nutrition, nutritious, contrition, The last rites, malnutrition, tusk, lotus, tussle, status, hiatus, impetus, quietus, afflatus, obtuseness.