Synonym: Apocryphal. Similar words: encrypt, hypocrite, hypocrisy, apocalypse, hypocritical, cephalopod, hieroglyphics, cry. Meaning: [-fl] adj. 1. being of questionable authenticity 2. of or belonging to the Apocrypha.
Random good picture Not show
1. The apocryphal story of Columbus and the egg is very interesting.
2. Most of the stories about him are apocryphal.
3. The whole story may be apocryphal.
4. The story might or might not have been apocryphal.
5. According to an apocryphal work dating from the third century, Thomas's mission takes him even further.
6. The other story - perhaps apocryphal - was supposed to explain why he would never allow us women to assist at operations.
7. In another, slightly later apocryphal work, the Acts of Thomas, the issue is further clarified.
8. There are apocryphal stories of them cleaning out thousands of pounds worth of stock in a matter of days.
9. In one apocryphal story that circulated on trading floors years ago, Black once tried to execute several trades using his model.
10. Apocryphal tales gallop across the country with lightning speed.
11. VOICE: And when were the apocryphal gospels written?
12. The government founded by Wangjingwei is apocryphal.
13. This may well be an apocryphal story.
14. In the apocryphal Book of Tobit he appears in human disguise and conquers the demon Asmodeus.
15. One story about the film, possibly apocryphal, maintains that when the dictator finally recognized itsbroader antiauthoritarian and individualist themes,(sentencedict.com) he had it banned.
16. In a disputed translation of the apocryphal Gospel of Philip, found on a Nag Hammadi scroll in 1945,[sentencedict.com] we may read: And the companion of the Saviour was Mary Magdalene.
17. Those apocryphal tales about the hypertoxic blowfish prized by Japanese gastronomes?
18. Most of the story about his private life was probably apocryphal.
19. Most of the stories about his private life are probably apocryphal.
20. It's a good story but I dare say it's apocryphal.
21. It is difficult now to tell which tales are real and which apocryphal.
22. The bagel has a rich history, though its origin is somewhat apocryphal.
23. I am still not sure whether these stories were apocryphal or not, but the danger was clearly present.
24. The thing is, they turn out not to be apocryphal.
25. An empty cupboard is no better than an empty cup, she said an apocryphal aside.
26. Hence, while the influence of orthodox Christianity upon the Koran has been slight, apocryphal and heretical Christian legends, on the other hand, are one of the original sources of Koranic faith.
27. Many are real, and given the creative range of human imagination, some are apocryphal.
28. 3D Realms officially re-announced Duke Nuke'em Forever at Penny Arcade Expo 2010, and actually let gamers play the apocryphal game for the first time.
29. Although the part about Andrew Jackson is almost certainly apocryphal.
30. If this story were told by a Republican, Lexington would dismiss it as apocryphal.
More similar words: encrypt, hypocrite, hypocrisy, apocalypse, hypocritical, cephalopod, hieroglyphics, cry, cry out, outcry, decry, cry for, pocketbook, phase, a far cry, crystal, orphan, hue and cry, emphasis, pharaoh, epiphany, emphasize, elephant, kapo, haphazard, vapor, weapon, snap off, hall, elephantine.