Synonym: affection, center, core, courage, enthusiasm, hub, kindness, love, meat, middle, nucleus, soul, spirit, stamina, substance, sympathy, temperament, valentine, warmth. Similar words: at heart, by heart, heart and soul, hear, hear of, earth, hear from, near to. Meaning: [hɑrt /hɑːt]n. 1. the locus of feelings and intuitions 2. the hollow muscular organ located behind the sternum and between the lungs; its rhythmic contractions move the blood through the body 3. the courage to carry on 4. an area that is approximately central within some larger region 5. the choicest or most essential or most vital part of some idea or experience 6. an inclination or tendency of a certain kind 7. a plane figure with rounded sides curving inward at the top and intersecting at the bottom; conventionally used on playing cards and valentines 8. a firm rather dry variety meat (usually beef or veal) 9. a positive feeling of liking 10. a playing card in the major suit that has one or more red hearts on it.
Random good picture Not show
1) Every heart has its own sorrow.
2) The heart sees further than the head.
3) A fair face (but) foul heart.
4) A light heart lives long.
5) Nothing is impossible to willing mind (or heart).
6) It is a poor heart that never rejoices.
7) Joy put heart into a man.
8) The face is no index of heart [mind].
9) A merry heart goes all the way.
10) Without hope, the heart would break.
11) Words are the voice of the heart.
12) Please one’s eye and plague one’s heart.
13) Far from eye far from heart.
14) What the eye sees not, the heart craves not.
15) Home is where the heart is.
16) The joy of the heart makes the face merry.
17) A good heart conquers ill fortune.
18) Virtue flies from the heart of a mercenary man.
19) Hope deferred makes the heart sick.
20) A bad conscience is a snake in one's heart.
21) Joy puts heart into a man.
22) It's a poor heart that never rejoices.
23) Faint heart never won fair lady.
24) Every heart knows its own bitterness.
25) The face is no index to the heart.
26) Music is the medicine of the breaking heart.
27) Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
28) The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom.
29) It’s a poor [sad] heart that never rejoices.
30) The heart that once truly loves never forgets.
1) Giving up smoking reduces the risk of heart disease.
2) A honey tongue, a heart of gall.
3) The spear pierced the lion's heart.
4) After running fast you can feel your heart pound.
5) Her heart beat violently when she received the letter.
6) A heart shape is the symbol of love.
7) Heart disease is the biggest killer in Scotland.
8) The probable cause of death was heart failure.
9) The heart pumps blood through the body.
10) She felt her heart give an extra thud.
11) It reduces the risks of heart disease.
12) The eyes,stomach,heart,and lungs are organs of the body.
13) I'm not a bleeding heart liberal.
14) I love Rose from the bottom of my heart.
15) I love Rose with all my heart.
16) Mr Jones has a long history of heart trouble.
17) I love you heart and soul.
18) His heart thudded madly against his ribs.
19) It makes my heart ache to see her suffer.
20) Mortality from heart disease varies widely across the world.
21) Her heart was filled with gratitude.
22) Her heart jolted when she saw him.
23) This machine measures your heart rate.
24) My heart has been filled with grief.
25) The heart and lungs will be transplanted in tandem.
26) We gave him mouth - to - mouth resuscitation and heart massage.
27) I tried to learn music but I didn't have my heart in it.
28) Geographically, the UK is on the periphery of Europe, while Paris is at the heart of the continent.
29) Try to learn by heart these English words and phrases.
30) In his inmost heart, he knew he didn't love me.