Similar words: deist, heist, atheist, polytheistic, squeeze in, engage in, either, neither. Meaning: n. the spirit of the time; the spirit characteristic of an age or generation.
Random good picture Not show
1. He has caught the zeitgeist of rural life in the 1980s very well indeed.
2. The Zeitgeist has proved more powerful than her own undoubted moral fibre and the historical influence of her own Church and family.
3. Some people believe that the effect of the Zeitgeist is invariably to weaken moral fibre and signal the downfall of the nation.
4. The title audacious but it captured the western zeitgeist.
5. GNOME Zeitgeist raises similar concerns.
6. Zeitgeist: The taste, outlook, and spirit characteristic of a period or generation.
7. Now the zeitgeist has shifted 180 degrees, and freelance is no longer a synonym of freedom.
8. The prevailing Zeitgeist at the European Parliament is one of post-partisan consensus and a sort of soggy corporatism.
9. "The zeitgeist is that sex is a modulatory factor and doesn't play a big role, " says Arthur Arnold, a professor of integrative biology and physiology at the University of California-Los Angeles.
10. Human full developments are the zeitgeist of socialist harmonious society.
11. The Zeitgeist seems to be working for ' Admass '. So does most of what we read and what we hear.
12. The Zeitgeist of these centuries operated against the development of a pure science.
13. Or maybe Letterman, circa 1997, occupies a different niche in the cultural zeitgeist.
13. Sentencedict.com is a sentence dictionary, on which you can find good sentences for a large number of words.
14. But those who fought for debt relief should not underestimate the success they have had in changing the zeitgeist.
15. The Royal Family may not believe in divorce, but the Zeitgeist does.
16. Batmanghelidjh is easily as stylish as Madonna and certainly a more zeitgeist personality.
17. Faust, as a developmental history of human soul and zeitgeist, is the canticle of "Faust Spirit" as well as the reflection on Faust's pursuit.
18. Its somewhat old - fashioned profile, with branches in far - flung parts of China, plays to the new zeitgeist.
19. The colonial policies of the 19th century, undergirded by a racist and eugenicist Zeitgeist, have little to do with the reality of today.
20. What was it like to be part of the huge zeitgeist event that the movie became?
More similar words: deist, heist, atheist, polytheistic, squeeze in, engage in, either, neither, deity, leisure, forfeit, deceit, albeit, pantheism, monotheism, conceit, polytheism, leisurely, seismology, conceited, reiterate, deceitful, absenteeism, take it easy, counterfeit, counterfeiter, fist, mist, gist, list.