Similar words: tear down, bear down, ardor, pardon, hunker down, sardonic, hazardous, wear. Meaning: v. 1. exhaust or get tired through overuse or great strain or stress 2. deteriorate through use or stress.
Random good picture Not show
1. Pipe smokers sometimes wear down the tips of their teeth where they grip their pipes.
2. This relentless pressure began to wear down their resistance.
3. The strategy was designed to wear down the enemy's resistance.
4. The machines start to wear down, they don't make as many nuts and bolts as they used to.http://sentencedict.com/wear down.html
5. They perceived that the enemy was trying to wear down their resistance.
6. They hoped the waiting and the uncertainty would wear down my resistance.
7. Grit and sand can wear down every moving part in your bike.
8. As market forces wear down the old ways, discount ventures are catching on.
9. An untidy house can wear down anyone's cheer eventually.
10. Sand particles gradually wear down.
11. We hope your persuation will wear down his opposition.
12. His heels always wear down on the outside first.
13. Her defences will wear down after a few weeks in prison.
14. In practice a small pad will wear down more quickly and therefore in not used.
15. His reckless ways would often wear down even Obi - Wan's patience[sentencedict.com], but the two were close friends.
16. Even mountains wear down , even the nuclei of atoms decay.
17. The engine parts will wear down if not properly cared for.
18. Electrode wear down, electric discharge gap and compensation rules were studied to provide reliable data for the establishment of the mathematical model for forecasting electr...
19. Anything less, and they just wear down entire pitching staffs.
20. We must do all we can to wear down the enemy's effective strength.
21. Eventually, the consensus is, the bigger Dallas offensive line will wear down the quicker but smaller Pittsburgh players.
22. The side with the most men and the biggest guns will inevitably wear down its opponent.
23. But ultimately people want some suits and dresses and shoes to wear down here.
24. High - grade arch - shaped watches produced recently are noBle and elegant, and will never wear down.
25. The central meaning shared by these verbs is . to wear down or rub away a surface by or as if by scraping.
26. If you drag your feet while you walk, you'll wear down your shoes quickly.
27. Israel's premise is that the longer its war continues, the more it will wear down Hizbullah.
28. Without it, prosecutors have more leverage over him as an extended period in a miserable jail cell awaiting trial can wear down even tough suspects.
More similar words: tear down, bear down, ardor, pardon, hunker down, sardonic, hazardous, wear, weary, swear, wear out, wear off, wearing, wearable, footwear, standard of living, weariness, underwear, beard, heard, overheard, standard-bearer, cardboard, near and dear, year after year, backwards and forwards, cordon, martyrdom, word of mouth, wean.