Synonym: dam up, decameter, decametre, dekameter, dekametre, dike, dkm, dyke. Similar words: damn, damage, damping, fundamental. Meaning: [dæm] n. 1. a barrier constructed to contain the flow of water or to keep out the sea 2. a metric unit of length equal to ten meters 3. female parent of an animal especially domestic livestock. v. obstruct with, or as if with, a dam.
Random good picture Not show
1. A dam is under construction.
2. The flood weakened the dam.
3. The dam burst under the weight of water.
4. The dam secured the city from the flood.
5. A new dam is now being built.
6. The dam can withhold the pressure of the water.
7. The new dam will form a large artificial lake behind it.
8. The building of a new dam will displace thousands of people who live in this area.
9. A new dam is now being built at the valley.
10. The hotel is centrally located between Dam Square and Central Station.
11. The Aswan Dam helps to control the River Nile in Egypt.
12. Terrorists dynamited the dam.
13. The dam has been breached and there is a danger of flooding.
14. He could not dam up his anger.
15. Environmentalists are prejudiced against the dam.
16. The dam had been breached.
17. The water is smoother above the dam.
18. They were afraid the dam wouldn't hold.
19. It's hard to dam up one's feelings.
20. Catches fell because of the new dam.
21. The dam burst and the valley was flooded.
22. The government announced the cancellation of the dam project.
23. I tried to dam up my tears.
24. He could not dam back his tears.
25. The dam holds back the water.
26. The dam backs up a large lake.
27. They prevented the flood from breaking over the dam.
28. A dam burst and flooded their villages.
29. The state has planned to invest two millions in the dam.
30. The pressure of the water caused the wall of the dam to crack.
More similar words: damn, damage, damping, fundamental.