Synonym: triumphant, winning. Similar words: victoriously, notorious, notoriously, meritorious, victor, victory, vicarious, valedictorian. Meaning: [vɪk'tɔːrɪəs] adj. 1. having won 2. experiencing triumph.
Random good picture Not show
1. The victorious army returned in triumph.
2. Our team was victorious over theirs in the contest.
3. Osborne emerged victorious after the second round of voting.
4. The victorious army despoil the city of all its treasure.
5. Against all the odds, Frederick II was ultimately victorious.
6. He emerged victorious in the elections.
7. The victorious nations were able to dictate peace terms.
8. We shall be victorious in despite of difficulties.
9. She shook hands with her victorious opponent.
10. We are certain to be victorious.
11. The Reds were victorious over the Whites.
12. The victorious general made a triumphant return.
13. The right party are certain to be victorious.
14. We are victorious, wherefore let us rejoice.
14. Sentencedict.com is a online sentence dictionary, on which you can find nice sentences for a large number of words.
15. The victorious army demanded unconditional surrender.
16. Alexander carried his victorious arms into Northwest India.
17. It is said that the victorious general waited upon the king yesterday.
18. We were confident that the Allies would emerge victorious .
19. The victorious students ran through the street in an exalted state of excitement.
20. The victorious army despoiled the city of many priceless treasures.
21. In 1978 he played for the victorious Argentinian side in the World Cup.
22. The victorious team will parade through the city tomorrow morning.
23. The city turned out to welcome the victorious team home.
24. The victorious team were given a tumultuous welcome when they arrived home.
25. The victorious nations are demanding huge indemnitiesfrom their former enemies.
26. The city turned out to welcome back its victorious team.
27. The victorious nations carved up the defeated country into several parts,each taking an equal share.
28. The police are not always victorious in their fight against crime.
29. The German player emerged victorious after a long five-hour match.
30. The government is bathing in the reflected glory of its victorious military forces.
More similar words: victoriously, notorious, notoriously, meritorious, victor, victory, vicarious, valedictorian, vicariously, uxorious, glorious, laborious, censorious, laboriously, glorious revolution, oratorio, benedictory, vicious, contradictory, viciously, perfunctorily, dictatorial, boa constrictor, various, furious, curious, serious, imperious, usurious, nefarious.