Similar words: perfunctory, satisfactorily, desultorily, peremptorily, defunct, function, functional, and function. Meaning: [pə(r)'fʌŋktrɪlɪ] adv. in a set manner without serious attention.
Random good picture Not show
1. The regulation was perfunctorily carried out.
2. Melina was perfunctorily introduced to the men.
3. They perfunctorily consoled him with a few words.
4. The guard glanced perfunctorily at her pass and let her through.
5. The two heads of state shook hands perfunctorily for the photographers.
6. Illingworth greeted me perfunctorily and led me through the now darkened 70 ground floor of the building.
7. The motion was carried perfunctorily, without any adequate discussion.
8. He kissed her cheek perfunctorily.
9. He perfunctorily thrusts the things into his pockets.
10. He used to dispose of something perfunctorily.
11. He's in the habit of working perfunctorily and half - heartedly.
12. She kissed him perfunctorily on the forehead and he gave her hand a casual caress.
13. Instructors could never perfunctorily deal with questions from their students.
14. He troubled over many little details and talked perfunctorily to everybody.
15. Stanley greeted her, wished her a Happy New Year, glanced perfunctorily at her pass,(sentencedict.com/perfunctorily.html) admitted her.
16. It must be carried out strictly, thoroughly and universally, and not perfunctorily, superficially or partially.
17. We must be conscientious in doing our work and should never do it perfunctorily.
18. She gave some attention to her flowers, but it was perfunctorily bestowed.
19. It was from one who meant but to greet her perfunctorily that this interesting intelligence came.
More similar words: perfunctory, satisfactorily, desultorily, peremptorily, defunct, function, functional, and function, functionary, malfunction, dysfunction, dysfunctional, valedictorian, for fun, perfume, cheerful, powerful, subterfuge, wonderful, cheerfully, powerfully, verily, warily, angrily, primarily, ordinarily, temporarily, necessarily, adjunct, unction.